Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Yikes ~ Missing My Computer!


Usually my computer and I are at loggerheads
over its refusal to do what I want it to do.





But this time my frustrations 
are entirely my own fault!

Source:  Google ~ Google ~ jokephotos


No I didn't lose my power switch.
I lost my computer!

Actually, I left it behind on a chair 
in the Fireside Kitchen at the Ameristar.
Arrggghhhh!!!!!

And realized it as we pulled into the driveway
after an hour long drive.
Arrggghhhh!!!!!

Fortunately, Ameristar Security has it,
and is Fed Ex-ing it back to me
the slow way.
I didn't really want to spend $150 
to have it delivered overnight.

 Source:  Google

It took Security some time to search in their warehouse
to find a box that fit, but finally Security did!




Source:  Google


In the interim,
I've managed to get my old Mac up and running
with its way behind operating system.

And of course, my backup external drive,
along with my car keys and house keys,
are in the briefcase with my computer.
Arrggghhhh!!!!!

That means no photos either ~
or at least none newer than 16 months ago.
Arrggghhhh!!!!!

I never do anything half way!

I've got to go overboard!
That's what the Ever-Patient calls me:
Overboard Louise!

Just letting you know,
in case you happen to notice
I'm behind on visiting, commenting, and posting.

22 comments:

  1. Glad security found it though! That's a blessing. Hope it returns home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex! I'm backtracking through my unanswered comments. Security is pretty good in these hotels, thank goodness. I hope that you are having a happy weekend!

      Delete
  2. haha bet you'll never do that again. Good they found it indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will. If I could just stop of coming up with new ways to screw up!!! LOL! Hope the sun is shining on you this weekend!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that it is in good hands and will be shipped to you soon! Your cat image made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda! It's amazing how many kinds of cat cartoons there are. And Grumpy Cat was on American Idol this week! You have to laugh to get through life. That's one reason I enjoy your Laugh Gags so much! Take care!

      Delete
  4. Yes, so happy that security found everything! PHEW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew is right!!! Now if I can just get caught up with my on-line life again! LOL! Barb and I are getting very excited about seeing you this summer! Have a good one! And ~ Terry (Moondance) and Ivan are back!!!! Isn't that awesome!

      Delete
  5. Yes, glad they found it..
    I would have been having kittens! (keeping with the cat theme..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having kittens and a panic attack! Over the pictures most of all. Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  6. No problemo, LouLouDoodle!

    So sorry for this conundrum!

    Love your humour!!!

    Hey mAYbe, maYBE nOt, you should lose the 'puter more often!

    Jus' teasin'~!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron! I think Terry would like me to lose it ~ but he's worse. Our friend Jon from San Diego showed me a new game online where I can earn comps in Vegas just by playing. Terry is now sneaking on my computer and playing it. Another time-suck! I hope you are feeling better and better every day, my friend! Can't wait to see you!

      Delete
  7. Lucky it was found. Imagine the mess if it was gone forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives me cold shivers to even think about it, Dreaming! Have an awesome day!

      Delete
  8. Well, at least Ameristar was able to locate it. Glad it didn't "walk off" with somebody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I!!!!! Hope all is well in your corner of the world!

      Delete
  9. good thing that you got it back

    ReplyDelete
  10. A frustrating time for you. Look forward to reading more and seeing photos when you get your computer back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul! And I'm excited about reading and seeing more about your little spot of heaven! Take care!

      Delete
  11. What? You missed the chance to go back and fetch it and extend your holiday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what I did! Crazy, eh? Take care!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.