Wednesday, February 3, 2016

IWSG: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 ~ Crash and Burn!


Out with the old!


It's the first Wednesday 
of the month ~ 
the day when members of the
Insecure Writer's Support Group
share their writing struggles
and offer their encouragement
and support to other members.






In with the new!




To visit the IWSG website, click here.

To become a member of the IWSG, click here.









Our wonderful co-hosts who are stepping up to help IWSG founder Alex J. Cavanaugh are:
Allison GammonsTamara NarayanEva E. SolarRachel Pattisonand Ann V. Friend.

I hope you have a chance to visit them and thank them for co-hosting.
I'm sure they would appreciate an encouraging comment!
~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Happy February, Everyone!


I-70 between Denver and Breckenridge
February 2, 2016
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



I hope your new year of writing started off productively!
Mine ~ not so much.

I began with the highest optimism,
but I'm afraid I crashed and burned ~
so badly that I had to take a time out
from writing and blogging.



Crossing Piney Creek
Aurora, Colorado
January 31, 2016
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



I'm okay myself, but life slammed me.
After my medical setback last November
and the consequently crunched holidays,
I had to take some time out to catch up with things at home.
I was losing my mind and beyond frustrated.




Piney Creek Deer
January 31, 2016
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


Throw in a wonderful, brief trip to Arizona to visit friends...



      
White Tank Mountain Regional Park
Arizona, USA
January 12, 2016
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


And a welcome visit from my sister Donnie and b-i-l Martin...




Martin, Donnie, and Terry
Along Piney Creek
January 31, 2016 
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


... Well, sometimes you just have to let go of expectations 
and go with the flow, however choppy,




Fallen Cottonwood
Along Piney Creek
January 31, 2016
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Am I discouraged?
When my computer, garage door spring, fridge, dishwasher,
vacuum, and cable service all ran amok in January,
I admit I pounded the kitchen counter 
and shed some hot, frustrated tears!
But all is running smoothly now.




My Sister Donnie and I
Toronto Raptors and Denver Nuggets Basketball Game
Pepsi Center, Denver
February 1, 2016
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Shivering at the Light Rail Station
after the Game
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



Starting on February 8th, 
I have a three week block set aside for writing.
I can't wait!

Meanwhile I'm grateful for all the good in my life,
and am making the most of whatever life throws at me
this cold, blustery February.


Visiting with Gracie in Breckenridge
February 3, 2016
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



May fortune shine on your writing endeavors this month!
All the best to you!

29 comments:

  1. Life sure can get in the way, especially when you travel about as much as you haha good luck with the 3 weeks of writing, may nothing at all break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Mr. Pat Hatt! Yeah, traveling around does complicate one's life! I'm counting the days till Honolulu! Thanks for the well wishes re nothing breaking! I'm hoping nothing else goes down! Have a good one, my friend. I'll be around visiting as quickly as I can. I hesitate to promise anything in case I tempt the Gods to send thunderbolts my way!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you just have to step back and enjoy life. I'd done the same. Basketball game, trip to Arizona, and snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely I have been enjoying life, Alex, between emergency repair jobs! That was my first basketball game since 1971, first professional one ever. My sister Donnie is a rabid Raptors fan. I may have to see more! Take care, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Be like me and take time to smell the roses ( not a single one in our garden), lie down each day and do nothing at all, sadly decline invitations of all kinds, and if this isn't the answer, plead another visit to the Dr!!!Your words will flow again, that snow looks amazing after our scorching days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nancy! I'm not big on scorching days! We're up in Breckenridge right now, and it is darned cold: -16º C. We were out viewing the international snow sculptures here in town, and I thought my fingers would drop off from the freezing cold. Tale care, mu friend, I will be around shortly!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your writer's block (of time)! So glad things have settled down for you. Lovely photos as always, Louise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I have fallen so behind, but I am slowly catching up. Hope all is well with you and Mr. Micawber!

      Delete
  5. Can I just say how envious I am of all your cold weather and snow? It's been like Springtime here. I like Spring but not in Jan/Feb. Sorry to hear about all the bad luck in January but I'm looking forward to what you come up with during your 3-week writing sabbatical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Audrey! I love the snow, here and springtime will come soon enough!I'm up in the mountains right now, and snow is piled up deeply everywhere. Hope all is well with you, Alain, and the girls!

      Delete
  6. Hi Fundy Blue,

    I have to second Audrey. I love your photos! Out here in the San Francisco Marina everything just feels cold and damp. I have to drive to Truckee to see actual snow, and I miss it.

    I never don't feel behind. I'll look at Peaches and say, "I just didn't get enough done today", right before I take a shot of Zzzquil, slide into bed, and read while sipping some spicy tea.

    Saying, "Damn, I sure got caught up on everything today." happens never. Ha!

    Best,

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adrienne! Your bedtime routine sounds delightful! Maybe I should try some tea! I would miss the snow terribly if I moved to a place that never had snow! Have a good one!

      Delete
  7. So good to see you back and that you took time off for 'important things' that needed to be done, Louise.
    So far we are having a mild February. Oh, I shouldn't have said that!! KNOCKING WOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tempt fate is my mantra! I do hope your mild street continues, Jim!

      Delete
  8. So many things to do with so little or a lot of time to do them in ~~ I hear you Louise, loud and clear!

    1. Renee has been found and she/we now can go on living!
    Humour is always 1st on my list.
    I trust you connected at some point in this expansive cyber-world that engulfs us
    daily.

    2. You can't hide from us now that you found us, sooooo if there is ANYTHING that you may need helping, assisting with computers or just talking things out ~ PLEASE take advantage, use me, use Jim ~~ HEAR me !?!

    3. Good decision re: taking time for yourself to WRITE ~ best choice for your beautiful soul to share your wit and wisdom for all of us.

    4. Namaste ~ OMmmmmmmmm ~ inhale ~ exhale

    All the best my dear friend!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, you are a blaze of sunshine! Yes, I did connect with Renee, and we have exchanged email addresses. As soon as Donnie and Martin leave on Monday, I plan to email her! I can't wait to hear what she has been up to all these years! It means so much to reconnect with her! Thank you for making that happen!

      We're spending our last night in Breckenridge tonight. Terry is picking up Donnie and Martin after their day of skiing. It will probably be hot tubbing and hearts tonight. Noreen, Terry's sister, went in to Denver overnight to take care of some things, so we are looking after sweet Gracie and Ruffus.

      Tomorrow night ~ playing blackjack at my favorite Bonanza in Central City. Then we're off for home. Donnie is very excited about watching the Broncos play in the Superbowl at our favorite Parkway.

      Have a great weekend my wonderful, thoughtful friend!

      Delete
    2. Place a bet for "The Three Amigoes" ~ OK !?!

      If we win we'll all go out for fishcakes & beans this summer!

      Or, whatever turns your crank!

      Cheers!
      Ron

      Delete
    3. OMG! It's been two weeks since I opened my blog, Ron! So I didn't place a bet for you, but I'll have another chance before I make it to NS! Fishcakes and beans is so Bluenoser! Actually I'm having beans for breakfast right now! I know I've said I'm almost ready to come back to my blog a couple of times, but this time I think it might happen. My head is really clearing, and I'm feeling like moving forward. Have a good one, Ron!

      Delete
    4. Tic Toc Tick Tock!!!!!!

      Wink Wock!!

      Delete
  9. All of those things going out at once would break me into several uneven pieces. It's all down hill from here,right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TPC! I'm sorry that I'm just responding now. I thought it would be all downhill when I wrote this post; but I was wrong! Things are turning around well now, though, so I'm feeling rising optimism! thanks for the sympathetic words! I hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  10. Hugs Louise, wish I was with you and Donnie - love you your sister Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs, Barb! I wish you had been here too! I can't wait to see you in Nova Scotia!

      Delete
  11. Go with the flow, Louise! Hope you are doing well. Stay warm! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful pictures! Sometimes we spread ourselves too thin or try to do too much at once and our bodies will not let us, they will force us to slow down at some point. Looks like you have been spending time with family and friends- which is a great way to rejuvenate. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh! I hope you're feverishly writing and taking the story world by storm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Colorado is the best place to suffer writer's block. Make ours hiking in Estes Park and an Avs game, but potato/potatoe right? And you know, I've lived here my whole life and have still never seen a deer in person. I swear, you eat one piece of venison and suddenly the whole population thinks you're just coming to eat them...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed your photos. Scenery similar to my neck of the woods. Hope you don't even have the time to read this...too busy writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dropping by to say hello. You're missed, but it's more important to take a break, feel rested and go with the flow with whatever is happening in your life right now. I hope that time set aside for writing during this past month has given you great satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.