Have you ever seen a total eclipse?
I have only seen partial eclipses, but I long to see a total eclipse.
I've been trying to talk Terry into going to Luxor for the total eclipse next year,
followed by my long-desired trip to Petra, but so far, no luck.
All I can do is hope this Middle East turmoil will be resolved by then.
Total Solar Eclipse over San Millรกn de los Caballeros, Spain
Wednesday, August 12, 2026
Photo Credit: NASA/Bill Ingalls
Breathtaking! ~ San Millรกn de los Caballeros, Spain
Wednesday, August 12, 2026
Credit: European Space Agency
It just didn't match the magic of watching even a partial eclipse:
the silence and awe that falls on the world as the moon covers the sun.
The world stands still and holds its breath ~ waiting, hoping for life's return.
Since then I've been entertaining myself with some funny eclipse memes.
Here are my favorites:
I'm linking to Gillena's Lunch Break, Nicole's Friday Face Off, Tom's Aloha Friday, and Debra's She Who Seeks.
Have a great weekend filled with optimism and laughs!














Dear Louise, these are great. Thank you ❤️ ๐ so much for the laughs ๐ ๐ dear friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that the memes made you laugh, Linda! Love and hugs to you!
DeleteYou beautifully capture the profound magic of a total eclipse: the eerie silence, the sense of the world holding its breath, and that fleeting moment when nature feels almost otherworldly
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see you, Roentare! I've been fortunate to experience a number of partial eclipses, and they are always awe-inspiring. Once when I was teaching here in Aurora, I was able to experience a partial eclipse with my kiddos. We raised money so everyone had the protective glasses and had an unforgettable time. Lucky you, you have a total eclipse directly over Sydney in 2028!!! All the best to you, my friend!
DeleteYour memes are great, especially the kitties. I've never seen a total eclipse. Viewing one would be pretty cool. I hope your wish comes true.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
Thanks, Janie! I loved the kitty eclipse and saved it for last. I hope you are doing well! ๐บ❤️๐บ
DeleteThe Oreo one is funny. I've been through several partial eclipses and one almost total.
ReplyDeleteI had to have some coffee with cookies when I came across the Oreo one ~ Any excuse for a goodie! ๐. All the best to you!
DeleteI love those eclipse cartoons and hope you do get to Luxor next year! I experienced a total solar eclipse in Winnipeg in 1979. I wrote about it on my blog a few years back, if you want to check it out --
ReplyDeletehttps://shewhoseeks.blogspot.com/2009/08/total-eclipse-of-sun.html
I will check your post out, Debra! Thanks! I was thinking of HRH with the kitty eclipse. Love and hugs to you!
Delete...Louise, thanks for the chuckles, now I need to run out and buy package of Oreos!
ReplyDelete๐ Sorry, Tom! It's hard to beat Oreos with a glass of milk. Have a happy weekend, my friend!
DeleteYes, I have seen a total eclipse a few times. However, not living in Oregon. I'm with Tom, Oreos sound really good. LOL Have a great day today my friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nicole! I'm a little late getting linked up. ๐ I did have a great day, but it didn't go as planned. Story of my life. All the best to you!
Deletedear and sweet friend Louise i completely agree with what you said about partial and full solar eclipse . i too have seen partial eclipse but can't remember if i have seen total one except in news . total eclipse sound absolutely exciting and thrilling even just to imagining it :)
ReplyDeletei hope things settle and you and Terry can go to see your desired sight . Northern lights omg i can't even dream to see them :(
i enjoyed the memes :) sending lots of love and prayers!!!!
Lots of love to you, Baili! I hope you do get to see northern lights some day. They are mesmerizing, and I am fortunate to have seen them many times. I hope you, Ali, and young men are doing well. I can't believe how much your sons have grown! ❤️๐บ❤️
DeleteOreos have many uses haha and kitties sure can do it too. Fun ones. Standing up to fast is cheaper than going to see it. I'm with Terry. No way, Jose to going there. Turmoil won't end for a long arse time with a certain orange thing about.
ReplyDeleteEven if the turmoil ends, I doubt I can drag Terry there. ๐. But I am determined to get to Petra! And I really, really want to see the eclipse in Luxor. The chances of me succeeding are slim to none, but I haven't given up. All the best to you!!!
DeleteYes, all you need are Oreos! Tee hee!! (Oddly enough, I have never liked them. Even as a kid!) Weren't the photos of the eclipse amazing? I too wish I could have seen it. I appreciate your photos very much. x
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kay! I watched the coverage of the eclipse mesmerized. I'm not the biggest fan of Oreos either. I love chocolate chip cookies. But Oreos dipped in milk are delicious. Have a great weekend! ❤️๐บ❤️
DeleteThose are terrific memes! I saw the one a few years ago and it was interesting -- amazing how the birds stopped singing and started when it was over and how quickly the temp dropped!
ReplyDeleteLucky you, Jeanie! How nature responds is amazing. The total eclipse in Luxor next year is predicted to have six minutes of totality. That would be terrifying if you didn't understand what was happening. I hope you had time to create some art this past week. I'll be visiting around after I do some necessary errands. Hugs to you!
DeleteI have seen one total eclipse in my life. I remember how still it got and how the temperature dropped so quickly. LOVE your eclipse memes, especially apocalypse. Happy slightly late FFO and AFFF.
ReplyDeleteI'm late too, Elizabeth! ๐. Life! Today I was "trapped" in Barnes & Noble by a really bad thunderstorm and powerful rain. Oh darn. Actually there was serious flooding north of us, but fortunately no one drowned. I'm glad you've gotten to see a total eclipse. It must have been a profound experience. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
DeleteThere was an eclipse a few years ago, but I think it was only a partial one—that's the only one I ever got to see. I was too afraid of hurting my eyes. Sometimes it was just paranoia, but also the fact that one of my eyes is lazy and I don't technically have a spare.
ReplyDeleteYour vision is critical, Adam, so I completely understand. I damaged my eyes when I looked at a partial eclipse when I was 12. I had green spots in my vision for months. Eventually my eyes healed. I never told my parents, because they would have been furious with me for not obeying their warnings about looking at the eclipse. I doubt any special glasses were available then, but if there were, our family certainly couldn't afford them. ๐ I'll never forget the sight of that eclipse though. All the best to you!
DeleteThose photos from Spain are just unreal. Watching CNN’s coverage definitely doesn't compare to actually being there under that eerie twilight and feeling the absolute silence that falls over everything, but it's still so mesmerizing. And oh, Luxor and Petra?! Donna, you have to talk Terry into that. That is the ultimate bucket-list trip of a lifetime. Keeping my fingers crossed that things settle down so you two can finally make that happen.
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a wonderful, relaxing weekend.
Thank you for the trip wishes, Melody! I hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing weekend too!
DeleteDear Louise,
ReplyDeletein 1999, when there was a total solar eclipse over Austria and other Central European countries, we unfortunately weren't at home, but on holiday in the Netherlands. The event wasn't quite so total there; a small part of the sun remained visible. Since the sky was otherwise quite cloudy, we didn't need eclipse glasses. (Although I do like Brian Reynolds' creation ๐.) The total eclipse in Germany and Austria seems to have been quite impressive back then. A friend from Munich told me that all the birds fell silent and the world seemed somehow "lit up green."
The partial eclipse in 2026 (which was visible here) also had a special kind of light. I think it's worth driving to a nearby mountain or field for that – but further away...? I still wouldn't travel anywhere just for a solar eclipse. It's incredibly chaotic (apparently, there was a state of emergency in Madrid, and residents were renting out their balconies at exorbitant prices...) for a short time with a strange atmosphere... I think a lot of business is being done with this these days, but ultimately it comes down to how you feel... You create the "magic" in your own mind... or not...
It was my third partial eclipse (along with the one in the Netherlands). There are photos of it on my blog. And thanks to your witty explanations, I now understand how it all works ๐. (I know photobombing all too well from my cat, I just didn't know the moon was one of those too ๐...)
All the best from Austria ๐ค
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/sommerliche-tage-2026-ein-bunter.html
It's always lovely hearing from you, Traude. I enjoyed your eclipse photos on your blog very much. I would travel anywhere for an eclipse! ๐. I wish Terry could tolerate cats ~ Cats are awesome, photobombing or not. Have a wonderful week!
DeleteHaven't seen one personally, but a couple of years ago, my town was politely invaded (Southern New England, US) by like minded people as it laid in the pathway of an solar/lunar eclipse (sorry, I don't remember which one it was). I do remember it could unseasonably cold when it took place.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to see one, G. B. I think eclipses are fascinating phenomena. Thanks for visiting!
DeleteWe had a total solar eclipse in Southern Ontario last year. I think it was the first one I saw.
ReplyDelete