Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Onward and Upward!





It's the first Wednesday of the month,
the day that members of the
Insecure Writer's Support Group
share their writing struggles
and writing successes
and offer their encouragement
and support to fellow writers.






To visit the IWSG website, click here.

To become a member of the IWSG, click here.

Our wonderful co-hosts who are volunteering today,
along with IWSG Founder Alex J. Cavanaugh are Pat Garcia, Sylvia Ney, Liesbet @ Roaming About, Cathrina Constantine, and Natalie Aguirre

I hope you have a chance to visit today's hosts and thank them for co-hosting.
I'm sure they would appreciate a visit and an encouraging comment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every month the IWSG announces a question that members can answer
with advice, insight, a personal experience, or a story in their IWSG posts.

Or, the question can inspire members
if they aren't sure what to write about on IWSG Day.

Remember the question is optional.
This month's featured question is: 

Are there months or times of the year that you are more productive with your writing than other months, and why? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy December, Everyone!  

I hope that you and your loved ones are safe, healthy, and happy.

My productivity as a writer depends on what life throws at me
and on the state of my frequently perplexing computer.
November?  Nuff said (LOL)!

I did participate in NaNoWriMo for the first time and accumulated 51,410 words.
However, I was not working on a novel, I was working on my memoir.
My manuscript is a mess, and I still have lots of material to add;
but, NaNoWriMo served its purpose in getting me going again.
So, I'll claim that winner's badge and keep moving forward.


Congratulations to anyone else who participated and survived.
Onward and upward as you continue with your WIP.
Walking outdoors has kept me sane during this hectic month.

Inspiration!
Aurora, Colorado
November 23, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



I wish each of you a wonderful holiday season, however you celebrate.
Please, please be careful and safe!
  
Terry and I will be celebrating Christmas by ourselves at home,
but the day will be filled with FaceTime and telephone calls with the people we love.
Hopefully, we'll be together for real in the coming year.
Those long, bear hugs are going to feel so good!

Seasons Greetings!
Aurora, Colorado
November 30, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


 Happy Writing in December!




Till next time ~
Fundy Blue 





37 comments:

  1. Congratulations on beating NaNo! Hope you continue on your writing roll.
    Have a wonderful Christmas, distance and all. I predict next Christmas will be very different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! I am now back to working on my manuscript every day, and it will continue. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. It lifts my heart and fills me with hope. Wishing you and your wife a loving and meaningful Christmas, my friend!

      Delete
  2. I also congratulate you Louise on beating NaNO. I also write at what life is treating me like.
    Have a good month and take care.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne! I stubbornly managed to do it, but a lot of other things fell by the wayside. I hope all is well with you! May you have a happy Christmas! Sending you a big hug!

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful and safe holiday season, dear Louise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! You rare a bright and funny sunburst in my life! Wishing you and your Rare One a Merry Christmas and fun during the holidays!

      Delete
  4. Glad you got so much done during NaNo. I committed to writing or revising most days and got four new chapters done, which is a lot for me since I wasn't writing consistently. I hope I'm on a roll. Have a safe, happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roll on, my friend! And may you have a lovely holiday season!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on NaNo!

    We will be doing a lot of FaceTime on Christmas, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! Wishing you a Merry Christmas complete with great internet connections!

      Delete
    2. Hi Louise! I've been emailing you about your order last week. What two free books do you want?

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your memoirs, Louise. My first manuscript was a memoir of sorts which turned out to be quite an emotional ride. Going back and living life over again... it must be bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joylene! I had set aside my manuscript for a year, because I just didn't know how to move forward. I discovered it still hurts just as much, but I'm more accepting and forgiving. Have a lovely Christmas!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on winning NaNo! Well done!

    Love the "Inspiration" photo! It's so full of color and swoops and swirls, and it's a great reminder of how wonderfully big the sky is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeline! My favorite thing about living on the edge of the high plains in Colorado is the sky. It is a never ending and magnificent show. Happy Holidays to you!

      Delete
  8. 51K words on your memoir is great! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrys! Have a happy and safe holiday season!

      Delete
  9. Over 51K words is darned impressive, particularly in such a short span of time. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee! It helps to be stranded at home! Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  10. Your photos are stunning as always. Congrats on your Nano feat! Happy IWSG Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adrienne! Have a safe and happy holiday season!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on the NaNo word count! That's amazing! I hope you are able to enjoy the holidays, and lots of writing time. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sylvia! NaNo was a slog, but it was a great experience. Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  12. That is great that you won it and got er done. Even though editing will still come and come and come, at least you still got the words down. Congrats! Hopefully things get under control by next christmas. At least there are such things as Facetime. Well unless one is out in the deep dark woods, then they aren't getting a signal but will avoid the spreaders. So lose win I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to venture into your scary dark woods, Pat! I thought it was bad when I was working in the woods in NS ~ worrying about running into a bear or wild cat. "Zero Usage" brings a whole new level of scary! I really enjoyed your book! Take care, my friend!

      Delete
  13. I know an editor who quit her full-time job and now has more time to edit, if you should decide you want someone to look at your ms as it progresses. You can contact HER (me) at dumpedfirstwife@gmail.com.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janie! I've written your email down for future use. I'm not at that point yet, but the day will come. Have a happy and safe Christmas, my friend!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Louise. It will be a quiet Christmas, and that's fine.

      Delete
  14. Life does tend to have a huge impact on our writing..in more ways than one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on so many words! That's impressive. Aren't all drafts a mess??? So don't fret about your memoir. It'll come together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your word count is truly inspiring. Congrats on winning Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, 50K is 50k. A memoir counts in my book. Congratulations! Enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a lot of words in November. Congratulations and may your holidays be joyful

    https://fromarockyhillside.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your inspiration photo! We'll be doing the usual, staying at home, eating and drinking and enjoying our own company! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mine just depends on how much is going on. I would say the holiday months are probably less opportunistic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.