Wednesday, June 3, 2020

IWSG: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 ~ No Secrets to Share





It's the first Wednesday of the month,
the day that members of the
Insecure Writer's Support Group
share their writing struggles
and writing successes
and offer their encouragement
and support to fellow writers.






To visit the IWSG website, click here.

To become a member of the IWSG, click here.

Our wonderful co-hosts who are volunteering today,
along with IWSG Founder Alex Cavanaugh are Pat GarciaJ. Q. Roseand Natalie Aguirre.

I hope you have a chance to visit today's hosts and thank them for co-hosting.
I'm sure they would appreciate a visit and an encouraging comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every month the IWSG announces a question that members can answer
with advice, insight, a personal experience, or a story in their IWSG posts.

Or, the question can inspire members
if they aren't sure what to write about on IWSG Day.

Remember the question is optional.
This month's featured question is:

Writers have secrets! What are one or two of yours, something readers would never know from your work?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy June, Everyone!
I hope all is well with you.

I'm skipping this month's optional question.
I have secrets, but they are not ones I can share.

However, I have questions for you.
Are you entering the 2020 IWSG Anthology Contest?
Have you started writing your science fiction short story?
How would you like some insider writing tips from last year's winners
featured in the IWSG's latest anthology, Voyagers:  The Third Ghost?

If you would, I invite you to check out last Wednesday's and today's posts
on the Insecure Writers Support Group Anthologies Blog:

Insider Writing Tips for the IWSG 2020 Anthology Contest ~ Part 1  Click Here

Insider Writing Tips for the IWSG 2020 Anthology Contest ~ Part 2  Click Here

As for my writing progress, I sure hope it goes better in June than it did in May.
Nuff said!

Be safe and healthy!
Happy writing in June!






Till next time ~
Fundy Blue














28 comments:

  1. Are secrets meant to be shared?....I don't think so.
    Good post to read Louise,
    Stay safe and well.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Yvonne! As a union leader, my ability to keep secrets and confidences powered my credibility and proved my integrity. All the best to you, my friend!

      Delete
  2. I would think everyone has a secret, large or small, public or so personal it stays with them. So good to see the links for any would be writer, , and stay secretive, and most of all, stay safe.XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XXX back at you, Jean! I'm working on safe, for sure. It's a sad, sad situation in our country right now. All the best to you!

      Delete
  3. I hope mine is better than anytime in the past 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you lots of luck with your writing, Diane. You've been a very busy lady in the past few months. I'm looking forward to your book promotion webinars.!

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a better month writing in June. I haven't been writing at all but I've been updating all the agent spotlights on my blog since late April. I'm hoping for a good writing month in June too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is amazing, Natalie! I don't know how you do it all. Good luck writing in June!

      Delete
  5. Enter the contest! Someone needs to win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your writing this month! I hope mine goes better, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you, but I thought I'd get so much done during the stay-at-home period. Wrong ~ LOL. Oh well, I'm under this order until the fall. I can only hope to get better. Good luck with your writing, Madeline!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! I hope all is well with you! Take care!

      Delete
  8. We're in such an odd time, Joylene! Just getting through it is an accomplishment. We'll all get our sparkle back, hopefully sooner than later. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I could, but as a IWSG Admin, that's not allowed. My compensation is I get to read the entries early, so that's something.

    Great to visit Fundy Blue again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see you, Lee! I appreciate all that you IWSG Admins do. You're amazing!

      Delete
  10. Sure a good contest to enter indeed. You just never know. Good thing you don't have a rhyming cat, they blab all secrets lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats can be scamps for sure, Pat! My brother and one of my sisters have cats. The cats rule their lives. I hope you are having a fun day!

      Delete
  11. Imagine keeping secrets in a autobiography

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing! Wishig you a productive writing month of June!!
    JQ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tips are always great! I'm not sure I'm entering or not. After hearing my son's spew on all things Dark Matter, I'm more lost than before I asked him about it. Here's wishing you lots of writing this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you can write more this month. I hope that spark returns. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure your writing will go better this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I honestly can't think of one secret that I might have. I tend to keep them when I buy gifts and such, because surprises are fun, but other than that, I'm pretty much an open book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope both of us write more/better this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.