Friday, February 19, 2021

A Good Day for a Little Humor!


Last week I shared my extensive National Geographic
and Ancestry.com DNA results.
As kind commenter remarked:  "Wow! That is a lot of detail.
Do you have the traditional Irish gift of the gab?"
She has a point:  My Irish DNA may be expressing itself.




.
Thanks to all of you who waded through.
At least you're not Terry who has many nicknames for me, including "Overboard Louise."
He's been dealing with the fallout of my discovering I'm almost as much Irish as Scottish.





I haven't had much time to spend on genealogical research
because I've been busy with my memoir.  Yes!
All that work that I did during NaNoWriMo in November is pushing me forward.
I'm happily slogging on!





I have indulged in looking at funnies online.
Here are a few of my favorite that I came across:
Some are ancestry related,
and some reminded me of my family and friends.






A Message for My Siblings





For My Brother Roy
who is currently flying through a 3,000 piece jigsaw puzzle
that is taking up his entire dining room table! 





For My Sister Donnie




For My Sister Barb





For My Sister Bertie















For Debra





For Adam




The Plan for next Friday is a return to the North.
Fingers Crossed.
Have a great week!





Till next time ~
Fundy Blue



On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved




    





26 comments:

  1. This post is lovely, and very well put together. The one about your brother and jig saw puzzles reminds me of my sister, who has always loved them and has framed ones in her home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda! I, too, love jigsaw puzzles. My whole family does. I have a horse puzzle lined up to go, and then I face a 3,000 piece behemoth, a Medieval map of the world. That one I just might frame ~ LOL! Have a great weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey, Alex! That one cracked me up! Wishing you a happy and relaxing weekend!

      Delete
  3. "Please be normal? Nope!" is my philosophy exactly! Thanks, Louise! And I must send that jigsaw puzzle one to My Rare One -- she loves doing puzzles too but draws the line at anything larger than 1,000 pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! When I saw that funny, I knew it was you personified, Debra, with a nod to HRH thrown in. I've done 1,500 piece puzzles, and I've got my first (likely only) 3,000 piece one queued up. Have an awesome weekend with your Rare One!

      Delete
  4. OK, I just lost ten minutes. Those were fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you enjoyed them, Jacqui! Sometimes I just have to burn some time laughing, the heck with anything else. Happy Weekend to you!

      Delete
  5. Just loved the cartoons today. Hope you both are staying warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peggy! We are grateful to be warm, because it has been very cold here. Not as bad as what you are enduring in the northeast. You've been on my mind as I plug away at my memoir. You may not realize it, but you kept me going during the times I got discouraged. I'm challenging myself to get a northern post (Lac Seul) out next Friday. You two stay safe and warm too, my friend!

      Delete
  6. That’s how I would solve a jigsaw puzzle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post Louise, I live in N. Ireland for a while. Loved the upside down kitty.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed this, Yvonne! I've always wanted to see Ireland, beyond flying over it and touching down in Shannon Airport. I hope you have a lovely week!

      Delete
  8. Brilliant post! Made me smile and laugh! Thanks my friend! I love Debra's cartoon! I may borrow it! LOL! My mom loves puzzles too!! I can't wait for your book! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind, Stacy! Borrow any funny you wish, please! Big hugs back at you!

      Delete
  9. Those were some good ones! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeff! We all need some humor these days. Have a great week!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the laughs. I like the jigsaw one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha bah going overboard here and there isn't bad. The puzzle one is good. I think I need some new seeds too for most of the family hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't families fun, Pat? You certainly entertain lots of people with yours. Here's to black sheep!

      Delete
  12. Louise those are some great funnies! Another thing that my mother's side of the family always said...when you talk too loud you have an "Irish Whisper" lol...I've been guilty of that though I'm mostly on the Scotch side! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh oh! I'm always being told I'm too loud. Must be the Irish in me, LOL! Have a happy week, my friend!

      Delete
  13. These are all a riot, but the Diet Coke one is my wife to a T!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i enjoyed all of your funnies dear Louise
    they are FABULOUS pick indeed and made my day instantly :)
    best wishes for for all you going to achieve my lovely ,amazing friend !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.