It's the first Wednesday of the month,
the day that members of the
Insecure Writer's Support Group
share their writing struggles
and writing successes
and offer their encouragement
and support to fellow writers.
To visit the IWSG website, click here.
To become a member of the IWSG, click here.
Our wonderful co-hosts who are volunteering today,
along with IWSG Founder Alex J. Cavanaugh are
along with IWSG Founder Alex J. Cavanaugh are
Shannon Lawrence, Diedre Knight, Liza, and Pat Garcia!
Stop by their posts and thank them for hosting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every month the IWSG announces a question that members can answer
with advice, insight, a personal experience, or a story in their IWSG posts.
with advice, insight, a personal experience, or a story in their IWSG posts.
Or, the question can inspire members
if they aren't sure what to write about on IWSG Day.
Remember the question is optional.
This month's optional question is:
As a writer/author what is something you regret? Or something that you wish you'd done differently in your writing process?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy August, Everyone!
I hope that July has been good to you!
I've already heard Labor Day ads, and I am not ready for that!
Terry and I have enjoyed summer at home, but coming up is a whole lot of traveling.
I'd like to share some gorgeous summer photos,
but I've been chasing big machines and men in hardhats.
Now What??? In Spades
Heritage Eagle Bend
Aurora, Colorado, USA
August 3, 2026
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved
Yesterday was something else.
I never saw so many big machines and men in hardhats on our street ever.
The workers laying the AT&T fiber optic cable for hyper-fast internet drilled into a gas line.
Oops!
It was very exciting around here!
But all's well that ends well, and there were no fires, explosions, or injured people.
The Culprit #1
Heritage Eagle Bend
Aurora, Colorado, USA
August 3, 2026
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved
Which leads me to my writing regrets.
My regrets are that I haven't fulfilled all my writing goals, and time is getting short.
There is a simple reason, I'm continually distracted by life.
Like yesterday when I ran around during my writing time
in 100ºF (37.7ºC) temperatures chasing big machines and men in hardhats.
Whether by career demands, health crises, other passions, adventure calling or endless curiosity,
I've been distracted endlessly.
Life is just too fascinating!
The Culprit #2
Flying Like Superman Under the Canopy of Fremont Street
Downtown Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
March 27, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved
So really? Do I have big writing regrets? NOT!
I've had a rich and full life, and I have completed a lot of satisfying writing.
I'm an optimist. I still have time.
Happy creating in August!
May life be rich and full for you!
Take care!
My next post will be Friday, August 14h 🤞
BTW, I'm saving the story the gas leak for a later post.
Just so you know, I monitor my comments before publishing them. This means your comment won't appear immediately. I will not publish mean spirited or commercial comments.





You're flying!
ReplyDeleteAlso, you didn't blow up, that's good.
Sounds like you're having a full life, either way. No regrets required.
Thanks, CD! Enjoy today!
DeleteGood attitude! You do still have time.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Alex! Happy IWSG Day!
DeleteI'm glad you don't have writing regrets. And you've been having a wonderful life traveling with your husband. We've had fiber optic installation in our neighborhood too and then our roads were repaved. I'm grateful it's finally quiet here.
ReplyDeleteYou sound like my husband, Natalie. He'll be very glad when it's quiet again around here. 😂 Have a great day!
DeleteI think life tells us what our priorities are. Good for you for following yours! Glad there was no terrible result from the gas leak.
ReplyDeleteLife certainly does tell us what our priorities are, Anonymous. I'm am really glad nothing bad happened with the gas leak. Thanks for visiting!
DeleteYour 100 is not like our 100 though! And I would so fly like Superman.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness I don't have your 100, Diane! 😂 If you want to fly like Superman, I highly recommend SlotZilla on Fremont Street, and definitely at night. All the best to you!
DeleteYou're right, time is short. We're meant to live it, and I hope we all do to the fullest!
ReplyDeleteWe live in a newer neighorhood and I can't tell you how many times we've had the power go out because of construction and someone just sliced a line. Ugh!
Definitely a pain when the power goes out, Crystal. Here's to a full life! 🥂
DeleteAnonymously Esther O;Neiill East of the Sun, 0 G, no sigmalm valley now ttalkinh about starlink. Peaked at 35 here, still too hot, barely a fifth of an inch of rain all month Family needed us, surgery and child care, , which is precious.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely family first, Esther! I hope your family members are all doing better now. Hugs to you!
DeleteI am definitely in favor of living life to the fullest, and doing what gives you joy. I don't count all the time I have spent hiking and traveling as a regret at all, even if it has cut into my writing time/productivity.
ReplyDeleteYou are someone who definitely lives life to the fullest, Rebecca! You're an inspiration always!
DeleteYou have indeed had a rich and full life. You've been out living, and that's good! Maybe you can still get some writing in during your down times.
ReplyDeleteThat's when I do my creative writing, Sherry. I am a serious journalist, so I do write daily. Happy creating to you!
DeleteWell that is good that no one went boom. Amazing how many times they hit that line, cut this line, etc. while knowing they are there. Oh well. Least it got fixed fast.
ReplyDeleteCan't say I've got many, if any, writing regrets. Maybe some things I could have tried a different way, but meh, onward we go. My output has slowed a bunch as I've been going this way and that too last few years.
Traveling a lot huh? I wonder where lol
Hope to see you soon, my friend! Onward we go for sure. You've been devoting irreplaceable time to your nephews. I think that's really important.
DeleteI always think those distractions are material for future stories. If we just wrote (and didn't live life), we'd have nothing to write about. Sounds like you've had some interesting adventures lately!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jenni! Much of my writing is derived from my life. All the best to you!
DeleteHmmm let me think about this. Home, a lone writing or out an about chasing men in hardhats. I think I will go with the chasing. LOL It will come when you need it to. Your are a good writer and one day it will come bursting out of you. Have a good day today.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nicole! You're just the best!
DeleteNo harm in distractions when they just might become your next story idea ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Diedre! Definitely my life fuels my stories. 🌺❤️🌺
Delete