Friday, October 16, 2020

Awash in Gold Before the Snow Flies

Both Terry and I are dreading the arrival of winter weather.
Coronavirus cases and hospitalizations are increasing in Colorado,
and our governor is worried about hospital capacity.
It's on Terry and me to do the best we can to avoid catching the virus,
and that means being really stuck at home when the weather turns bad.
So, on these warm fall days we've been out walking as much as we can.

Cottonwood Leaves Turning
Along Piney Creek 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





I love this time of year when the landscape is awash in gold,
the sky is a brilliant blue, and rare blazes of scarlet jolt the senses.

Awash in Gold
Along Piney Creek 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved








Brilliant Blue
Along Piney Creek 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved







A Blaze of Scarlet
Along Piney Creek 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved







All too soon the snow will be here:

A Snowy Day
Aurora, Colorado
Last Winter
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved







So we'll enjoy a last opportunity or two to enjoy dinner at Parkway
and store up memories of gorgeous days outside.


Terry:  Parkway Bar and Grill  
Aurora, Colorado
October 12, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved










Into the Park 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved








Along Piney Creek 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved








Rabbitbrush Along Aurora Parkway 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved








Along Piney Creek 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved








Cottonwood Leaves
Along Piney Creek
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved







Middle Pond on Piney Creek 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved







Milkweed Fluff Everywhere 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved







Milkweed Seed and Rabbitbrush 
Aurora, Colorado
October 9, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved








Louise:  Parkway Bar and Grill  
Aurora, Colorado
October 12, 2020
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






I'm taking next week off from posting.
So I'll see you on the 30th.
Take care!







Till next time ~
Fundy Blue



On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved




    






27 comments:

  1. Loved the pics Louise, thanks for sharing them.
    Have a good weekend...... if possible,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful out there. We are just starting to see some color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first moved to Colorado, I missed the striking reds of autumn in the Maritimes, but I have come to love the burnished golds. enjoy your fall color, Alex!

      Delete
  3. Your October golds are gorgeous! My sister lives in Steamboat Springs and she wanted to get out and walk before the snows came but they had terrible wildfires and the smoke was so bad!
    Take great care, both you and your husband! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay! Yes, we had terrible fires which generated bad smoke here in Colorado. We also had a lot of smoke moving in from the fires farther west. There were a lot of days in August and September when I couldn't go outside because the smoke aggravated my asthma. So good days are precious! Wishing you and Richard a safe and happy weekend! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  4. Love "A Blaze of Scarlet" and the shadowy "Cottonwood Leaves."

    We don't get much of a fall or fall color where we live, but I just remind myself we also don't have snow. :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeline! Terry would gladly do without snow the rest of his life. I don't mind it as long as I can curl up by the fireplace and don't have to drive in it. I'm less and less inclined to venture out in it. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Love your closeups of the scarlet leaves and the golden leaves! We're supposed to have our first snowstorm of winter here in Edmonton today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burrr! I don't envy you that Alberta cold, Debra! Stay safe and warm! Have a great weekend, soon or no snow.

      Delete
  6. It's going to get cold, innit. And beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jacqui! Snow is beautiful, and I love snowy landscapes. I hope I can muster the will to get out and walk in it. Burrr! LOL All the best to you!

      Delete
  7. Those red leaves are magnificent! I gasped when I got to that photo.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janie! I dearly love red leaves! Take care!

      Delete
  8. The leaves are beautiful. The snow is too in its own way. This too shall pass. Enjoy the quiet! 😊 Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi! It was 80º F today, and Sunday it's going down to 6º F with snow. Burrr! But, I like snow too. Yes, all this will pass. I'm somewhat learning to be patient ~ LOL! Take care!

      Delete
  9. It's such a gorgeous time of year. Thank goodness we've been able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. I'm really not looking forward to the colder months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is beautiful, Martha! You should hear Terry grumbling about the coming cold. He hates it. I love being curled up by the fire when the snow is falling. Take care, my friend!

      Delete
  10. Seeing the color and nature out and about this time of year is grand indeed, but that white stuff, nope. Blah to it haha not so bad if you don't have to go anywhere, but it is still an annoyance. Crummy covid makes it so many can't escape it this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Pat! The white stuff arrives here on Sunday with a real shot of cold. Thankfully, I have nowhere to go. I wonder what your white pups will make of snow? Hehe!

      Delete
  11. I'm with Pat. I am dreading the white stuff. But, oh, the oranges, red and golds this time of year are breathtaking! Thank you for sharing your autumn photos. They put a huge smile on my face today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Theresa! The leaves are a little faded now, and there are drifts of leaves on the ground ~ So fun to scuff through. I'm getting pears at the store tomorrow, so I can try that chocolate pear cake of yours. Every recipe of yours I've tried has been so good! I hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  12. I love the aspen and cottonwood trees in the fall, but I don't miss the rabbitbrush. It's beautiful but my nose objects to it!

    new blog: www.fromarockyhillside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that, Jeff! I'm thankful that plants don't bother me. I hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  13. I love the photos of you and Terry!! Our numbers shot up this month too...Alex and I are pretty safe because we love to hibernate anyway. Let's hope it's a short winter! Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rain! I'm glad hat you and Alex are laying low with your fur babies. I only have to go out once this week for some laser work on one of my eyes ~ no big deal, just zap, zap, zap for maybe five minutes and I'm done. I just have to drive 50 minutes each way and go through all the Covid protocols ~ ugh. All our leaves have been blown away and covered in five inches of snow. We were down in the single digits yesterday and today. A great couple of days for hunkering near the fire ~ and eating too many goodies like pineapple upside down cake. Please stay safe, my friend! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  14. i wish and pray may you stay safe and healthy my friend !
    photos from walk are breathtakingly gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    your area is splendid and fall has decorated it gloriously indeed ,i am lost in the enchantment of the beauty of this place :) thank you for the virtual tour !

    Oh my look at you dear Louise how gorgeous you look in blue :) you are so beautiful with sweet smile on :)))
    best wishes for your days ahead!
    take care ,stay safe my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.