Wednesday, November 2, 2022

IWSG Day: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 ~ NaNoWriMo: Are you in or are you out?





It's the first Wednesday of the month,
the day that members of the
Insecure Writer's Support Group
share their writing struggles
and writing successes
and offer their encouragement
and support to fellow writers.






To visit the IWSG website, click here.

To become a member of the IWSG, click here.

Our wonderful co-hosts who are volunteering today,
along with IWSG Founder Alex J. Cavanaugh are Diedre KnightDouglas Thomas Greening, Nick Wilford,  and, Diane Burton!

I hope you have a chance to visit today's hosts and thank them for co-hosting.
I'm sure they would appreciate a visit and an encouraging comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every month the IWSG announces a question that members can answer
with advice, insight, a personal experience, or a story in their IWSG posts.

Or, the question can inspire members
if they aren't sure what to write about on IWSG Day.

Remember the question is optional.
This month's featured question is: 
November is National Novel Writing Month. Have you ever participated? If not, why not?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy November, Everyone!
I hope that you have all had a good October and are enjoying the change of seasons.

I'm posting a little late today.
No, I wasn't flying today, but I arrived home at 10:30 last night 
after returning from Cabo San Lucas in Mexico on a delayed flight out of Phoenix.

The Distinctive El Arco (Land's End) Rock Formation
at the Southern Tip of Cabo San Lucas
at the Southern End of Mexico's Baja California Peninsula
October 30, 2022
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Mexico with Cabo San Lucas (red dot)



And early this morning I had to be at the hospital for my third infusion.
I'm so grateful and encouraged because the infusion treatments appear to be working,
and my double vision is slowly continuing to improve.

Entrance to Emergency and the Infusion Center
Parker Adventist Hospital
November 2, 2022
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved

Yes, I have participated in NaNoWriMO by pretending my memoir was a novel.
It has been a positive experience each time.
I'm not participating this year because I have too many medical appointments 
and two trips scheduled during the next five weeks.

This past year has really slammed my writing productivity,
although I'm still plodding along ever so slowly.  Hmm!  
Just thinking about not doing NaNO makes me want to do it.


I'm also hosting my Sunettes Book Club on November 17th,
and I'm hobbling around on a broken foot.
Can 2022 please end already?  LOL!  ðŸ˜‚  ðŸ˜‚  ðŸ˜‚

We're reading James Michener's "The Bridge at Andau"
and I have to prepare some Hungarian food.  
If anyone has a classic Hungarian food suggestion, or recipe, or recipe source
they're willing to share, I would truly appreciate it.   

 The Bridge at Andau
by James Michener

This classic nonfiction book about the Hungarian Revolution in 1956
and the Soviet Union crushing it within days is a stunner,
and it certainly puts Russia's invasion of Ukraine today in perspective. 

I'm sharing some NaNoWriMo funnies today.  
I hope you are finding laughter and fun in your days.






















I'll be visiting around as quickly as I can.
I hope you have a great day visiting your IWSG friends.

Happy writing in November!



Till next time ~
Fundy Blue

https://selkiegrey4.blogspot.com

My next post will be on Friday, November 11, 2022.  ðŸ¤ž


 

32 comments:

  1. My writing is terrible, but I will enjoy reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, your photography is great, Roentare! And a picture is worth 1,000 words! Take care!

      Delete
  2. Hello, dear Louise. It's been a while. My job has kept me away from blogging but I try to stay in touch. I'm sorry about your broken ankle and all the medical appointments. I hope you enjoy all your travels.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see you, Janie! Life has a lot of us bloggers scrambling. I completely understand. Actually I broke my 5th metatarsal. My doctor was relieved it wasn't my ankle. I get to hobble around in a special shoe instead of a boot for the next five to seven weeks. It's so good to travel again. I love to travel right up there with writing and photography. Take care!

      Delete
  3. That's awesome the infusions are working!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alex! Three infusions down, five to go! I'm really encouraged and excited! Have a great November!

      Delete
  4. Did you break your foot while on holiday? What bad luck. I hope it heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! I actually broke it going for my second infusion. I thought I could drive myself because it's only five miles on slow roads. I got confused in the morning sunlight and was unable to find the right parking lot at the hospital. I never did. I was so upset and brain foggy that I accidentally entered the wrong part of the hospital and fell in a revolving door. I tried to stop my fall with my foot and broke it as the door kept moving forward. I thought I had just sprained it again, which I had done several times this summer. It was very interesting driving home with my "sprained" foot. Terry dragged me to our doctor a week later because I was still limping badly. Yup, it was broken. My doctor gave me a rigid shoe, and we headed for Cabo a few days later. I'm a pretty good flat-footed hobbler now, but Terry drove me to the hospital this morning. My foot limited us in Cabo, but we relaxed in the gorgeous weather and did as much as we could. A bucket list item for me was seeing El Arco! I'll be catching up with you. Take care!

      Delete
  5. I am thrilled to read that the infusions are working. And hope that all your medical appointments are equally successful. And happy writing - at whatever speed works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Sue! One day at a time, with one day closer each day back to the normal me. Have a great day! xox

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sue! I'm halfway through my infusions now (12/2), and my eyes are so much better, especially when I'm wearing my glasses. Writing took a back seat in November, but I'll be back at it soon. My goal is this coming Monday. Hugs to you, my friend!

      Delete
  6. Wow, you've been having a time. Glad the infusions are helping, and hope your vision problems end soon (and your foot heals). The timing was right for me this year, so I'm doing NaNo and aiming big, hoping for once to get the whole book drafted by a few days into December, anyway, if not by Nov 30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go, Rebecca! I wish you every success with your goals for NaNo. Take care!

      Delete
  7. heartfelt sorry for your foot dear Louise ! i just want to hug ,i know you don't need but i do as it feels hard to see a dear friend in trouble .
    relived to learn that this accident though provided you some relaxation time on such gorgeous spot :)
    congratulations for for the eye improvement my precious friend! i can only imagine how joyous it must be for you to recover being a writer particularly !
    may kind lord fill your days ahead with his grace ,health ,peace and happiness!
    your photo made me think at first glance as you were gliding :)
    so enjoyed the funnies and last one made gave me sudden laugh though i realized that other working outside not hear me and covered my mouth lol this seems so true even i hardly write anything dear Louise.
    please take care and be extra alert during walk ! thinking of you with prayful heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, Baili! It really lifted my spirits this morning. I'm dragging a little after the long trip home on Tuesday and the early infusion appointment and IWSG Day yesterday. I'm drinking a big cup of coffee right now to power me up. What I need is an IV infusing coffee directly into a vein ~ 😂. I am being very careful where I place my feet when walking. I'm glad that you enjoyed the funnies. I'll be by to catch up on all your family news and doings. Blessings to you, my dear friend and lots of love to you and your family! xox

      Delete
  8. That's wonderful to hear the infusions are working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. The hope of these infusions working is one thing has kept me going during the past year. Please take care! Happy writing!

      Delete
  9. Ouch! That's terrible. I hope at least that it's not hurting you as it heals now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! This shoe really helps with pain. As long as I'm careful, my foot feels pretty good. Have a great day, my friend! xox!

      Delete
  10. You have really had your share of catastrophes this year - time to stop! Glad the infusions are helping you, that's great. Look after yourself, hugs Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that your infusions are working :) Wish you better health and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Damyanti! I'm sorry that I'm just replying now. I broke my rib in the gym shortly after I replied to Debra's comment above, and that was the end of computer use for me in November. Your latest book hits my doorstop on January 4th, and I'm going to read it when I'm in Hawaii a week later. I for sure will write a review. Take care!

      Delete
  12. I'm glad to hear your infusions are working

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, Adam! And they better! The hospital billed medicare for $280,000 as the total cost of the first two. Medicare paid a total of $80,000 for the first two infusions. That means the final cost for Medicare is around $320,000. Can you believe it? Thank goodness the hospital has to accept what Medicare will pay, otherwise the eight infusions would cost $1,120,000! You always like cool facts, so I thought you might find this interesting. Have a good one!

      Delete
  13. Sure having a rough go in 2022 indeed. Great that the infusions seem to be working. More trips too? Geez, no broken foot or double vision is going to stop you haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear that your infusions are helping with your vision. Looks like you just got backk from a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun trip, Natalie! Sao much so that we're returning for eight days in April. Have a great day. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Tanks, Julie Ann! I'm sorry I'm so late in replying. November was a lost cause for working on my computer. Have a good one!

      Delete
  16. My precious friend Louise please forgive me for being so late to ask about your wellbeing!
    Due to no working laptop in the house right now I am blogging through my phone on which my side bar does not appear when I open my blog so I often visit friends via their comments. From the bottom of my heart I hope wish and pray that all May is going smooth at your side as when I scrolled my posts to look for you I realised it's been almost a month you didn't post. I hope you are alright my dear friend! Thinking of you with heart full of prays!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Baili! You're amazing for blogging with your phone! I tried blogging on my phone once, and Google shut me out of all of my accounts for three days. Google wasn't happy with me trying to do blog with my phone on a train in England using the train's internet. 😂. I broke my rib early in November, and it hurt too much to work on my computer. My rib is much better. It still hurts in certain positions or with certain movements, but it's nearly back to normal. I'm almost past everything late 2021 and 2022 threw at me. I'm beginning to feel like the real me. I hope all is well with your family and you, my special friend! I'll be catching up with you! Love to you and yours!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.