Thursday, March 14, 2024

Kitty Heaven

The first time I walked into the International Market Place in Waikiki this year,
I stumbled upon Kitty Heaven.

Pretty Kitty Through the Window
NAO ~ Ragamuffin
Cat Café MOFF
International Market Place, Waikiki
Honolulu, O'ahu, Hawaii, USA
February 29, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Pretty Kitties in the Windows
Cat Café MOFF
International Market Place, Waikiki
Honolulu, O'ahu, Hawaii, USA
February 29, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






LAKI ~  Scottish Fold
Cat Café MoFF
March 5, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved

There was a new business on the second level of the IMP: Cat Café MOFF.
I had never heard of such a thing before, and I was delighted!

ULU ~  Scottish Fold
Cat Café MoFF
March 5, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





AO ~  Russian Blue
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





LULU ~  Ragdoll
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Customers and Staff
Kitties:  Anela (top), Ao (middle) and Piko (bottom)
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


I dearly love cats, but Terry doesn't like them.
Of course, cats love him and run to him purring!
Here was a place I could spend some quality time with kitties.

$23.00 for 30 Minutes
and a Drink (pop, juice, or water)!
What a Deal!
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





MALU~  Selkirk Rex
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






PIKO~  Minuet
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






PUNA ~  Persian
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



I ran to tell Terry the awesome news.

"23 bucks to sit with a bunch of cats?  
Just watch them through the window!" he said.

"That includes a drink," I offered.

"You could have a nice mai tai at the Hideout for much cheaper than that!

This is what I call "bait and switch" from Terry.
He tries to distract me from one thing by dangling another.
The Hideout is my favorite bar and restaurant in Honolulu.

"Hideout Mai Tai Over Cat Café Drink?
Now That's a Deal!" says Terry.
Bait and Switch
Our Lanai, Royal Kuhio
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






KOA ~  American Shorthair
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved




Cats Being Cats
Kitties:  Ao (left) and Lulu
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





MAHINA  ~  Scottish Fold
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Playing with the Cats
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



Terry surveyed his pickleball friends.
Many of his pickleball friends' wives and other players
had looked at the cats through the window.
Only one wife had visited the cats inside the café.
Terry rested his case.  "Save the money and look through the window."

Hanging Out
Kitties:  Malu (left) and Koa
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





PIKO on the Run
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Nap Time (Couldn't Find This Cat's Name)
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Foot Traffic and LULU in a Box
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


As you probably have figured out, Terry lost that go round!
I really love kitties.  I had several beautiful cats when I was growing up.

You could get the cats' favorite treat for $5.00.
What do you think:  Did I spend that $5.00?

The cats knew that lots of guests bought treats, and they swarmed any with them.

Yes, please!!!
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Boxes are so much fun!
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Kitties Galore
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





NAO ~ Ragamuffin
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


Thirty minutes goes so fast!  I loved every second!
I was so engrossed that I forgot to have someone take a photo of me with the kitties.
I'll fix that next year!

And the one I'd take home?
Little Laki, the Scottish Fold cat.
She looks remarkably like my favorite kitty
in a cat puzzle I completed before the Pandemic.
Actually, I'd take any of them home!

I don't apologize for having so many photos.
As I said earlier in the post, I dearly love kitties!

LAKI
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





On the Inside Looking Out
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


I had so much fun in Hawaii!
Hawaii '21 and '22 were challenging.  I was so sick because of my thyroid.
This time I had lots of fun doing the things I love with the friends I love!

Terry's and My Royal Grove Friend Janeth
Liliha Bakery, International Market Place
March 7, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






My Royal Grove Hula Friends and Me
Marianne, Carolyn, Me, and Cindy
First Time We Were All Together Since Before the Pandemic
Starbucks at Seaside and Kuhio, Waikiki
March 7, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


Have a great weekend!  🌺 Aloha!!! 🌺




Till next time ~
Fundy Blue

  My next post will be soon! 🤞



On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


 

    

  


37 comments:

  1. The kittens are looking so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roentare! I loved each one! Happy weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Great you got to enjoy it more this year. Looks like a fun place to go with the kitties indeed. 5 bucks to feed seems like a bit of a cash grab though, but meh, the kitties like it so that is a win. Clearly could see Terry failed after the first few pics lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pat! You're going to chuckle at this: We're snowed in this morning and waiting to be plowed out, after being snowed in and getting plowed out yesterday ~ lol! The snow is starkly beautiful after the tropical colors. Terry wins one arguments, but he didn't have a hope in hell with this one. Enjoy the weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  3. I knew from the first photo that Terry lost that fight! If you don't have cats but love them, why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not indeed, Alex? I pointed out no litter boxes or clawed furniture were involved. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Oh, wow! I have cats but I still would've done it. And for the full hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year I'm going for the full hour, Diane! Have a relaxing weekend!

      Delete
  5. There's no comparison between looking at cats through a window and interacting with cats in person! Well worth the money! But if its $23 for half an hour and $28 for a full hour, sheesh, spend the extra $5 and get a whole hour with them! There's a cat cafe here in Edmonton too. It always seems to be packed with young Asian women cooing over the kitties. There was a second cat cafe as well, but it went out of business during the pandemic. A cheaper way (at least here) to interact with cats and kittens is to go to the Humane Society, which has a "socialization room" with lots of chairs and cat toys. You can socialize with them for free because they're hoping you'll adopt. At least that's how it used to be -- I haven't been for quite a few years now because it's too dangerous -- I want to bring them ALL home with me! I want to sneak out with a kitten in every pocket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your information, Debra! I would have paid for an hour, but I was flying home in about 40 hours. And I knew the next day I would spending time with my hula friends and extra time with Carolyn. We talked for 3 1/2 hours and then I talked over an hour more with Carolyn. It did my heart good! I knew you would like the cats! I was thinking of HRH as I wrote my post. I didn't know about cat cafes and what a big thing they are. And you're right, Asian women love cats. Also in my brief visit three men were customers. It would break my heart to go to the humane society, because I would want to take cats home, and I can't. In relationships one has to make compromises. 😭 Have an awesome weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  6. What a fun post! I'm told we have a cat cafe in town but I haven't found it yet -- and I must (although I have a cat sitting here now asking for her breakfast and that's probably enough!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you enjoyed my post, Jeanie! And lucky you, a cat to love! Cat cafes were unknown to me before I visited the IMP and stumbled across it. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. ...Louise, I glad that you enjoyed Cat Heaven, but I'm with Terry on this one! Keep enjoying magical Hawaii!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry was quite happy to hear that you were on his side, Tom! Sadly, we have now returned home, and in the last 30 hours or so, we've had 17 inches of snow. Back to reality ~ lol! But I have my memories and photos and plan to return next year, 🤞. Enjoy the weekend!

      Delete
  8. What a treat! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic post. OMGosh so many cats and some of them are stikingly beautiful. The Russian blue really took me. Glad you got your 30 minutes. Thank you for joining FFO and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! Lots of kitty faces for you today! Wishing you a lovely weekend! Take care!

      Delete
  10. Look like all the kitties are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were, Dora! And so were the people! Happy weekend!

      Delete
  11. Though I highly prefer dogs to cats I've always kind of wanted to go to a cat cafe just for the fun of it. But wife is somewhat allergic to cats so probably not a good idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not, Adam. Some of my extended family members have cats allergies too. I hope you are having lots of fun with the kiddos!

      Delete
  12. I like cats but my allergies won't allow me to have one indoors. I can watch them through the window and save my money as advised by your Terry. lol Great set of photos of your time well spent even if your wallet was a little lighter in the end. :D Take care, be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! The photos are the gift that keeps on giving. They make me happy and I can go back and look at them over and over! Have a good Monday!

      Delete
    2. Wow! So many beautiful kitties ~ awesome photos ~ definitely 'Kitty Heaven' ~ wonderful post ~ hugs,

      Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
      A ShutterBug Explores,
      aka (A Creative Harbor)

      Delete
  13. This is your sister Barb, who (as you know) Loves Cats, however, $23(us) for 30 minutes!! Come to the Cove I have kitties you can spend hours with for only $5.95/day (Can) lol. Glad you had a wonderful time with the kitties and you friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa! I had just the best time, Barb! Aren't the kitties gorgeous? I'm looking forward to seeing Scotia and Josie; and, of course you and Pat! 🤞😂❤️. Happy Birthday tomorrow! 🎉🥂🎂🥳🎈🎁 I learned how to use a new key on my computer ~ lol! I have a doctor's appointment and an injection tomorrow and another doctor's appointment on Wednesday. 😭😱 ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  14. What a great variety of cats....did not know that there are so many different ones. But I suppose there are a lot more. And it is a bit funny. I really don´t like cats very much as does Terry....but I think the love me, because everytime I am at my mothers home - and she has a cat- he comes around my feet and obvioulsy wants to be stroked....
    Thanks for your lovlely comment on my blog.
    Have a good time and all the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday, Violetta! I hope you are having a great day. I think your mom's cat does love you. I've seen that same thing over and over with Terry. Take care!

      Delete
  15. How sweet! I cannot have a cat, because two of my relatives are allergic and they would not be able to come to my house anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel badly for people who are allergic to cats, because they are lovely pets. There are a lot of cats in my family, with siblings, nieces and nephews, and friends, and we all love each other's cats. It would be fun to find a cat café in my town. I'd be visiting it. Have a great Tuesday! Take care!

      Delete
  16. Cats and old friends. It really looks like you had a fabulous time there.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow it was enchanting dear Louise :)))
    thanks for taking along to see cat heaven ,what a joy to see so many kitten in neat and nice avatar :)
    i was scrolling up and down constantly because i found their expressions so interesting :)
    i think shop owners are taking full advantage of people's attraction for cats :)
    it made me laugh how Terry tried to distracted you from the deal lol
    not different at all what Ali would have done if i have asked to visit inside .
    they both are wiser than us lol
    i am really grateful that God has given you gift of health back my dear friend Louise so you could make most out of your trip this year !
    hope weather is nice at your home town when you are back .
    best wishes for both of you and to all you love !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Baili! I've run out of steam and am crawling off to bed. I'll come back tomorrow to answer your lovely comment! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  18. Oh what a beautiful idea! That cafe is wonderful! Kitty Heaven!!! ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.