Friday, April 12, 2024

On Becoming a Lady of Leisure

Well, my time crunch didn't ease.  It worsened.
We got back home yesterday evening after a three-night trip to Florida
to see Terry's brother who is seriously ill.
It was a difficult but worthwhile visit, and we all enjoyed seeing each other.

A Strange, but Oddly Beautiful, Landscape (to Me)
Panhandle, Florida, USA 
  April 8, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved

On Tuesday, while we were in Palm City Beach, my eye surgeon's scheduling nurse
called me to tell me that a surgery slot had opened up on Monday, April 15th.
Could I make it?

Of course, the call came while I was 1200 feet out on a pier in the Gulf of Mexico
surrounded by fishermen, screaming gulls, and crashing waves.

M. B. Miller County Pier
Panama City Beach, Florida, USA 
  April 9, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved

Fortunately, I was trying to photograph the tumbling waves, 
and I could toss my iPhone to Terry to try to get the call before the nurse hung up.
I could hear nothing and see little on my screen.
I can handle point-and-shoot photography,
but not blindly trying to accept an important call. 

Waves Crashing near M. B. Miller County Pier
Gulf of Mexico, Panama City Beach, Florida, USA 
  April 9, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved

Success!  I was scheduled thanks to my calm husband.
And a bright spot too, after just having said goodbye 
to Terry's brother and promising to return soon.
 
Now I'm scrambling to cancel and reschedule appointments 
and get ready for my surgery on Monday morning:
unpacking, laundry, ironing, groceries, bills, medical forms ~ you name it!
At least I don't have time to worry about my surgery, which is a good thing.

But, come Monday, I will be a lady of leisure for two weeks.
Dr. Superman (That's what my voicemail calls my eye surgeon Dr. Subramanian.)
told me that I can't work out, lift anything over 15 pounds, 
or do anything stressful for two weeks after my operation.
He assured me that he doesn't have to take my eyeballs out 
and that I'll be under general anesthesia.  Whew!

Yup, Gonna Be a Lady of Leisure!
Aurora, Colorado USA 
  January 9, 2019
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved

Poor Terry ~ I plan to milk it, lol!
Probably not.  He's been through a stressful and difficult time.

Yesterday's flights home were scrambled by severe storms in the southeast.
We rerouted from Palm City Beach through Nashville,
because we couldn't make our connecting flight in Houston in time.
In Nashville we could catch a Denver-bound flight.
Our bags had already been placed on the plane to Houston, 
so they found their own way to Denver.
I so love Southwest Airlines.  They were so good to us!

Terry and Others Lining Up to Rebook Their Flights
Panama City Beach Airport, Florida, USA 
  April 10, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





This Guy Made My Day with a Bow
(He spotted me taking lots of pictures ~ lol)
Nashville International Airport,  Nashville, Tennessee, USA 
  April 10, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Turning onto the Runway
Time to Rock and Roll in Stormy Skies
Panama City Beach Airport, Florida, USA 
  April 10, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


Lots of rock and rolling during our two flights, but we made it despite the turbulence.
Home looked sooooo good!!!

Our Plane's Shadow as We Approached the Runway at Denver International Airport 
Near Denver and Aurora, Colorado USA 
   April 10, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





T. H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park
Port Saint Joe, Florida, USA 
  April 8, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved

 

For Rain:  Wheels.  Okay, I have a thing for machines and hardhats!
The Beginning of a Huge Development Nearby
Aurora, Colorado USA 
   April 8, 2015
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



For Nicole:  Goofy Faces.  I thought I was seeing things
when I spotted the Sphinx from the pier, but it was part of a miniature golf course.
Goofy Golf Faces
Panama City Beach, Florida, USA 
  April 9, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


For Tom:  An oil leak and scattered rose petals in a sacred place.
USS Arizona Memorial
Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, Hawai'i, USA 
  February 28, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


Have a great weekend! 



Till next time ~
Fundy Blue

Writing this on Thursday,
publishing it at 12:00 am Friday.
My next post will be 
Friday, April 17th 🤞 



On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


 

   

40 comments:

  1. Good luck. I hope your surgery goes really really well, and I am so happy you didn't miss that call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! So far my excitement is outweighing my nervousness. Have a great weekend! ❤️

      Delete
  2. You are always jetting around the world. And your smile is so charming and infectious. I feel positive after reading your post every time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roentare! I'm glad that my posts make you feel positive. That alone makes writing them worth it! Have a great weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Never a dull moment, eh? Sorry that Terry's brother is so ill. And good luck on Monday with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never a dull moment, for sure, Debra! Terry's brother is frail, but his will is strong, and his wife is a loving marvel. I feel very good about Dr. Superman and my operation. And I'm so thankful that it's imminent. Have a great weekend! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  4. May the surgery go well. Two weeks at home - what will you do with yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! I'm not sure what I'll do, lol! Terry will sit on me if I try to run around. Have you seen "The 3-Body Problem" on Netflix? We finished the 8 episodes last night, and it was so good! Enjoy your weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you were able to schedule the surgery, even with everything else happening. Sorry to hear about your husband's brother. But I love the idea of being a lady of leisure for 2 weeks-grin. And like you, southwest is my airline of choice when traveling the in the US. They always seem to come through, and twice we've had a couple of close calls with our luggage in Denver (of all places-right). Good luck with the surgery. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Erika! Luggage ~ lol! Once we had to fly from New Jersey to Minnesota, but were rerouted via Chicago (I think) to go on to Denver because of a snowstorm. When we went to get our luggage in Denver, the staff was telling us that we were in Minneapolis with our bags. We're standing right in front of them, and they're insisting we're in Minneapolis with our bags. Alternate universe ~ lol! We did get our luggage the next day, hand delivered to our home. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  6. ...I like you BIG Boy Toys! I thought that you had gone to Myrtle Beach, the miniature golf capital of the world! The USS Arizona Memorial is indeed a sacred place. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom! I have so many photos of big machines and airplanes it's embarrassing! I told Terry that the next time we're in Panama City Beach that I want to play miniature golf at Goofy's. I can't remember the last time I played miniature golf! Visiting the USS Arizona Memorial was a very powerful event. I'll never forget it. You have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  7. I appreciate that you were "prescribed" no stress! We should all have that prescription. 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "No stress" is the difficult one for me. That alone will stress me ~ lol! Hugs to you, my friend!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh Louise, sending lots of hugs for your surgery! I'm sure it'll go very well with Dr. Superman, I love that lol...the goofy faces are really cute! Be that lady of leisure!!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rain! We'll see how it goes. I don't do leisure well. Too ADHD ~ lol. Have a great weekend, my friend! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  9. Wow! Just reading this post has exhausted me. LOL Sorry about Terry's brother. It's good you made the trip to see him. I know surgery will go well and you can sit back and relax for a bit. I really dislike flying. I do however, love the goofy faces for FFO. Thanks so much for joining in. Have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I love to fly! I used to be scared, but a navy structural engineer who specialized in plane design cured me of my fear. Guaranteed I always wear my seatbelt though (unless I have to use the restroom). May you have more sunshine and time for gardening this weekend. ❤️

      Delete
  10. Hahaha you mean you have to sit still and do nothing much at all for 2 weeks? Terry may have to invest in some rope to tie you to the chair.

    Great you got home after bobbing around flights and hopefully the surgery goes well with no missing eyeballs.

    Nice of the guy to bow too haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bow made me laugh with delight, Pat! I have quite a few photos of baggage handlers and other airline gate people. Terry has rope in the garage, and duct tape too, lol! Have a great weekend. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  11. These are fantastic photos. It looks like a wonderful trip. Guess it won't be too bad to go home for eye surgery after such a nice vacation. Wishing you a speedy recovery and enjoy the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I am looking forward to a rest. All the best to you!

      Delete
  12. Good luck with your eye surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I'm looking forward to having it behind me. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  13. Good lack for the surgery. I'm sure all will be fine. Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos. You always have great places to visit and tell about.
    Wishing all the best, Louise, and have a happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend to you, Sirkkis! I have a lot of confidence in my eye surgeon. Take care!

      Delete
  14. I'm glad your surgery got rescheduled and soon. Mine is the 24th. I sure hope Terry's brother will fully recover. Seriously ill is a scary term and I am certain he was very glad for your visit. Mind those doc instructions and let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie! I will let everyone know how it goes. I wish I could sneak my camera into the operating room ~ lol! I hope that your surgery goes well too! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  15. Best of luck on you surgery and please do rest! Truedessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to hear from you, Trudessa! I hope all is well. I will rest ~ I've been waiting a long time for this surgery, and I really hope I won't be seeing double any ore. Have a great week!

      Delete
  16. I'm sorry his brother is very ill. Sending well wishes to him and you for your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You just reminded me how much I love mini golf. One of my favorite things about visiting a new place because no mini golf place is quite the same as another very much like a snowflake. Unfortunately my wife does not like many golf but my son Will 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Adam! Your son is going to have so much fun playing mini-golf with you. I haven't played in a long time, but I told Terry that if we make it back to Palm City Beach, I'm going to play at Goofy's. I am very excited at the prospect of being able to see well enough to play mini-golf and put on makeup again and lots of other things. 🤞my surgery works. Have a great week!

      Delete
  18. I think I postet my comment under the wrong post - so once again:
    After reading what's been going on with you lately, I think it won't do you any harm to be a leisure lady for a few days or weeks. I see you're having surgery TODAY! Hopefully everything goes well. I think Dr. Superman will do a good job! Have a good rest from your treatment!
    All the best after my blog break,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/04/einmal-um-die-ganze-welt-in-54-tagen.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Traude! My surgery went well. It will take a little while for my eyes to heal. Meanwhile I am functioning and am not in pain. Taking it easy is a challenge, but I'm doing the best I can ~ lol! I'm happy to see you back posting again! Take care!

      Delete
  19. sorry for Terry's brother is sick dear Louise ,heartfelt best wishes and prays for him ,may He recover soon amen!
    this must be a nice comforting feeling to meet family though .
    glad that you guys landed safely in your hometown despite rock and roll flight. airport photos are fun for me to look at always because i never sat on plane ,you captured the shadow so well :)
    loved the waves photo wow nice timing indeed :)
    glad Terry could hear call for you Louise and you did not miss it !
    best of luck for your surgery and i hope you will follow the instruction so you can recover soon my friend !
    hugs and lots and lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, dear Baili! Thanks for your kind words. My operation is behind me ~ yay! I had very little pain and the UCHealth staff and Dr. Subramanian were awesome. My vision is still doubled, but it will take a little while for my eyes to heal. They're pretty scary to look at right now! Meanwhile I've been able to read, write, watch tv, use my computer and iPhone, and do light chores. My doctor told me I could and should use my eyes. Terry has been awesome! Of course he drove me to and from the surgery center and stayed with me as much as possible while I was there. Yesterday he took great care of me when we got home, especially putting drops in my eyes, fixing icepacks for me, and feeding me lots of good food. He had hot coffee ready in my cup when I emerged mid-morning today. I'm making a simple dinner tonight. It's very hard for me to sit around doing nothing ~ lol! I'm not allowed to lift anything over 15 pounds or workout in the gym for the next two weeks and I can't get stressed out over anything. One day at a time slowly! Lots of hugs and love to you!

      Delete
  20. hope your vision gets normal asap dear Louise !
    i feel so happy as you mention how much Terry takes care of you :)
    this is warmth of love certainly that makes healing process quick and powerful !
    i can understand how hard it is for some people to sit doing nothing , count me one of them because thought having day with nothing to do scares hell out of me .for me life means progress and being active ,may God keep it this way until my last breath .
    i am sure you will be soon back into your old routine inshallah !
    this is blessing to have mindful doctor i agree !
    hugs and lots and lots of love to you ! best wishes to Terry !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.