Summer is flying by.
I see this in the green fullness of leaves,
in the advance of seeds forcing petals to the ground,
and in the silence of birds fledged, fawns grown, and caterpillars metamorphosed.
Dragonflies are dancing, and the breeze rustles through fat cattails in the bullrushes.
Three little frogs dive into the water, plop, plop, plop, swimming for cover.
As I walk through the park along Piney Creek
my body absorbs the buttery light, and my mind relaxes in the fragrant calm.
Summer is fulfilled.
Fat Cattails in the Bullrushes
Along Piney Creek
Aurora, Colorado, USA
August 14, 2026
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved
Since my trainer Julie took a full-time job with Castlerock Parks and Recreation,
I've been lost. I worked out with Julie for over 20 years.
But I'm slowly getting it together and exercising regularly again.
I'm walking about 1.8 to 2 miles a day, 6 days a week, after doing morning stretches.
I've met a lot of people and dogs as I've roamed.
I have slowly realized that I love this morning walking time.
(Really, it would be so much easier to lazily linger over coffee. π)
Nature's Garden
Along Piney Creek
Aurora, Colorado, USA
August 20, 2026
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved
An Unknown Artist Left This Composition on the Trail for the Delight of Walkers
Along Piney Creek
Aurora, Colorado, USA
August 19, 2026
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved
Rock Art to Match a Weathered Utility Marker Post
Along Piney Creek
Aurora, Colorado, USA
August 19, 2026
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved
I have spent over two months studying A. C. Grayling's The History of Philosophy,
after several years of reading about philosophy in other books and magazines.
It has not been easy! (And I'm still not finished THOP.)
But the more I dig into philosophy, the more fascinated I am.
I am really interested in questions like:
What is the meaning of life?
What is real?
Does God exist?
Why is there something instead of nothing?
What is knowledge?
How do we know what is true?
What is consciousness and how does it arise?
I am intrigued by the ideas that reality is quantum in nature,
that human consciousness arises from quantum-level processes in brain neurons,
and that conscious experience may be deeply connected to how the universe works.
I am grappling with these complex ideas, but in them I see the potential for things
like the resolution of RenΓ© Descartes' mind-body dualism,
the existence of souls, and perhaps a cosmic mind - God.
I'm searching for explanations and understanding that make sense to me.
(Like everyone for thousands and thousands of years. π)
Perhaps I've been reading too much philosophy.
I'm going to take a brief break from blogging.
I'll be back on Friday, September 25th ~
Well except for a very brief post for IWSG Day on Wednesday, September 2nd.
Adventure and family are calling!
I think hearing Alter Ego performing their Metallica Medley will give my brain a break.
Alter Ego on Fremont Street
Downtown Las Vegas
Nevada, USA
June 1, 2026
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved
Every day brings me closer to returning to Hawaii!
I am relieved that we have our condo at the Royal Kuhio in Waikiki again.
My hula buddy Carolyn keeps me updated on everything happening in Waikiki,
this special place filled with people I love.
Here is a photo from the Royal Grove on last Wednesday evening.
If it's Wednesday evening in Waikiki, I'm at the RG.
I can't wait to return!
My Hula Buddy Carolyn Is Dressed in Black and Wearing Glasses
Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
August 19, 2026
Photo Posted by Sachico Miyoshi on Facebook
I'm linking to Gillena's Lunch Break, Nicole's Friday Face Off, Tom's Aloha Friday, and Debra's She Who Seeks.
Have a great weekend!










Hi Louise, I hope that you will be able to continue your walks and exercise without your trainer. Your photos are beautiful, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Linda! I been taking photos along this stretch of Piney Creek for 21 years, and it continues to delight me. Have a wonderful weekend! ❤️πΊ❤️
DeleteGood time for a break. And yes, God is very real and you see the miracle of His creation every time you go for a walk. So, keep walking! Better than just sitting there.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely better than sitting here, Alex! I have no doubt that God exists, but I am very curious about what people think and why. I've been searching for an explanation that reconciles my scientific and spiritual beliefs, and I'm getting there. Have a great weekend!
Delete...may you continue to put one foot in front of the other on your journey through life. Hawaii is a wonderful destination to have. Aloha.
ReplyDeleteAloha, e kuΚ»u hoaaloha! E hoΚ»omΔlamalama mai ka lΔ iΔ Κ»oe! (Aloha, my friend! May the sun shine on you!)
DeleteWhat a lovely place to walk. I enjoyed your photos. I wish I didn't have to drive to a walking spot. And are your heading to Nova Scotia? Me too for a couple of days at the end of September, and I am excited to visit again. You come from a gorgeous place and live in one now too Louise. Have a super weekend and Friday first too.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Erika. I am grateful that I can walk out the door for my morning walk. Sometimes, especially when it's cooler, I will drive to other trails. Yes, I'll be in Nova Scotia for a family wedding. Everyone is going to be there. I am very excited, because it's been two years since I've seen many family members. I hope you have a wonderful time in Nova Scotia. September is a great time to visit. Happy weekend!
DeleteWonderful post and happy trails to you sweet one ~ enjoy your respite from blogging ` Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeletehttps://anartistreflects.com
Thanks, Carol! I will miss touching bases with all my blogging friends, including you and Ziggy! π€π€π€
DeleteLovely photos, art, and faces!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Christine! I hope all is well with you!
DeleteHi Louise! I believe questioning God's existence, or simply being mad at him/her, is normal. I see and feel God in creation, the skies, nature, and the loving eyes of a pet. I see, hear, and feel God in the eyes of people, young and old, through their joys and sorrows. It is worldliness that makes us doubt his/her existence. We should also be wrestling with issues such as abortion, migration, the rights of women, minorities, and the LGBTQ community, as well as the care of our environment and global warming. None of these are b&w issues. As I always say, we need to focus on loving God above all things, and ALL our neighbors as ourselves. Shalom, my friend!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your wonderful comment, Arnoldo! I see God in all the things you mentioned. I'm glad that you see him in the loving eyes of a pet. I often think of the bible verses about God noticing when a sparrow falls and how he loves us more. But these verses always speak to me about how much he loves all sentient creatures. You are so right about each of the issues you listed. I care deeply about each of them, and it feels like the world is going backwards to me. If we don't start taking care of our environment and address climate change we are going to be in BIG trouble. Jesus always stood up for the less powerful, and we should too. Have a great weekend, my friend!
DeleteI totally understand that you can't wait to get back to Hawai'i. I wish you a wonderful time there, hopefully without any hurricanes.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carola! Yes, no hurricanes, please. My friend Carolyn is leaving for Canada shortly, and she is putting anything important up high and sandbagging her door behind her when she leaves. The storms seem to be stacking up one after another. All the best to you, my friend!
DeleteThanks for sharing yout morning. To think all of this will disappear, when season changes. But here wher there us only Rain and Dry seasons, it' s green and greener days
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday
Thanks for linking to AFFF
Much love
Green and greener days sound wonderful, Gillena! But then I love snow too. π. Happy Friday to you! ❤️
DeleteThose philosophical questions have interested me my entire life too! Have fun in Nova Scotia and enjoy the time with your clan!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debra! I definitely will. I'm getting far more out of philosophy these days than when I took a year-long philosophy course at Acadia so very long ago. Enjoy your weekend!
DeleteMorning walks are truly wonderful and your place is very nice indeed. Hmmm all of those questions to contemplate. I can see you getting antsy and the trip to Nova Scotia will be fun for you. Thank you for sharing with FFO and I will see you when you return.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nicole! I can't wait to hug everyone! It is so hard to live far from my family! Please take care of yourself! All the best to you and Mr. M!
Deletehave a good time with your travels! Lovely photos and have a lovely weekend!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend to you too, Maria!
DeleteGetting in walking is the way to be. Keeps one going. Even if it would be easier to just sit and drink coffee. But then you wouldn't see the sights too.
ReplyDeleteHaha geez, you're getting into the deep stuff. Had three kiddos yesterday and we got into stuff. Like how dinos were here waaay longer than humans and yet they never progressed? Who says? Maybe they invented space travel and left. Or how humans have become one of the only species that are too prissy to survive like any other animal. Oh, what our minds can think up. Then we just went and jumped off a bridge.
All ready to head to The Cove? Hopefully the dates line up and I can get up at some point. The boys really want to make sure you get their books.
Oh, Pat! I really want to have the boys books! How sweet of them to make books for me. I will send you the dates in an Instagram message. I am not ready to head to the Cove! I am perpetually behind. π. Hugs to you!
DeleteWhat an amazing place to walk. It even looks relaxing in your photos. i went through a philosophical phase. I finally out grew it. Have a super break. Happy FFO and AFFF.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Elizabeth! I am fortunate to have a lovely park nearby. I don't know if I'll outgrow this philosophical phase. I really enjoy the magazine "Philosophy Now." And I really enjoy exploring how people have thought over time. Have a great September!
Delete