Wednesday, December 7, 2022

IWSG Day: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 ~ I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

 





It's the first Wednesday of the month,
the day that members of the
Insecure Writer's Support Group
share their writing struggles
and writing successes
and offer their encouragement
and support to fellow writers.






To visit the IWSG website, click here.

To become a member of the IWSG, click here.

Our wonderful co-hosts who are volunteering today,
along with IWSG Founder Alex J. Cavanaugh are Joylene Nowell ButlerChemist Chem, Natalie Aguirre,  Nancy Gideon and, Cathrina Constantine!

I hope you have a chance to visit today's hosts and thank them for co-hosting.
I'm sure they would appreciate a visit and an encouraging comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every month the IWSG announces a question that members can answer
with advice, insight, a personal experience, or a story in their IWSG posts.

Or, the question can inspire members
if they aren't sure what to write about on IWSG Day.

Remember the question is optional.
This month's featured question is: 
It's holiday time! Are the holidays a time to catch up or fall behind on writer goals?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy December, Everyone!
Wishing you all the joys of the holiday season wherever and however you celebrate.
May you find joy and happiness with your loved ones!

If you celebrated American Thanksgiving, I hope you had lots of fun.
Ours was quiet but enjoyable.
We ordered in and enjoyed a traditional feast.

About to Dig In
Aurora, Colorado, USA
November 24, 2022
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


Terry and I have so much to be thankful for.
We count ourselves among the most fortunate people in the world.
Here are two big joys in our lives, a great niece and a great nephew.

Neil, Ella, and Jeannie





Jax and Dean


Just after the last IWSG Day, I broke a rib in a freak accident at my gym.
This kept me offline for a month.
I did not get around to visit many people in the IWSG last time.

Fortunately, I've just ditched the medical shoe for my broken foot 
after hobbling around in it for eight weeks,
and my broken rib has rapidly improved in the past few days.

I may look a little worse for wear after this challenging year,
but I am looking forward to a happy and healthy 2023 with a very special guy!

Onward and upward!  Woo Hoo!




With regard to this month's IWSG question, 
Are the holidays a time to catch up or fall behind on writer goals?,
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
I'm predicting that I will not catch up with any writer goals this holiday season.

😂  ðŸ˜‚  ðŸ˜‚  ðŸ˜‚  ðŸ˜‚  ðŸ˜‚  ðŸ˜‚  


How about some writing laughs?


















I hope you have a great day visiting your IWSG friends.

Happy writing in December!



Till next time ~
Fundy Blue

https://selkiegrey4.blogspot.com

My next post will be on Friday, December 16, 2022.  ðŸ¤ž


34 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are healing - and wish you a holiday season packed with love and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I'm looking forward to fun times. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  2. What a happy harmonious lot of photos. The memes are humorous too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roentare! I really believe in counting my blessings and laughter. Wishing blessings and laughter in the new year.

      Delete
  3. What a fun post, Louisa, I'm glad you were able to take your injuries and setbacks with humour! And the funnies made me laugh, thanks! At the moment I always find a way not to do anything even faintly resembling work, and I don't think it will c hange much in the next weeks! Your family pictures are lovely, always good to see little ones growing up. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you, Valerie! I've spent a lot of time in the company of children, and I love watching them grow and learn and find their way in the world. Take care!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Amen! It's been a year, but I've gotten through it one day at a time. Have a lovely holiday time with your family and friends, Alex!

      Delete
  5. Glad your foot and rib are healing. Loved your pictures and seeing what you're grateful for. I'm really grateful for the good things in my life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie. I'm grateful for so many things. Just sitting here at my computer is a joy. Hugs to you, and thanks for co-hosting today!

      Delete
  6. Gotta love the ancient grammar police! There must have been rules for writing in hyroglyphs, right?? 😂

    Glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi. I'm sure there were grammar police in every culture that had writing ~ lol. Have a lovely weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  7. I hope you are fully healed by Christmas.

    I've written notes like that in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. I think I will be. We had to cancel our visit to Calgary this week, but it was the right thing to do. I needed to focus on recovering. I've written notes like that in the middle of the night too. I always have a notepad and pencil by my bed. And the results are often perplexing. Have a great weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear you fall, Louise. I'm glad you're okay, but I suspect it hasn't been easy. Mending takes time. haha, I write bizarre things in the middle of the night too. Good for a laugh next morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joylene! I never realized how many movements engage your ribs ~ lol. I am doing better and better every day. Have a wonderful holiday season. Love and hugs to you!

      Delete
  9. Hahahahaha, love the ancient grammar police and writing down "good ideas" in the middle of the night! Have a great festive season and I hope that next year no one has any health troubles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely, no health troubles for anyone. I hope that you and your Rare One are having lots of fun. Hugs to you, my friend!

      Delete
  10. A lovely table for a takeout Thanksgiving dinner! May you have wonderful holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so fortunate to have such a lovely family! Great pictures and great comics. I loved the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee! My family (which include's Terry's) is my greatest joy in life. It's good to see you.

      Delete
  12. Too Funny! and Too true! I am so sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you are doing better. Have a great rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! May the rest. of 2022 be very good to you!

      Delete
  13. Yow! Those gyms are dangerous places! Heal well, and do all the PT you can find for that foot. Then in January we can all be writers again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! I have carefully worked out with my trainer who is amazing at helping me and others recover from injuries and other health challenges. Have a lovely holiday season. Here's to a calmer and writer-friendly January!

      Delete
  14. What wonderful family pictures to cherish at the end of the year! Happy holidays! I know well how recovery (surgery, those broken ribs) can present a challenge, but your IWSG musings are full of hope, energy, and promise. May January be a good month for writing for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! I'm sorry that I'm just replying now. I simply fell behind and couldn't catch up. I hope you had a lovely holiday season and are looking forward to a bright and shiny new year!

      Delete
  15. I was definitely an adult when I knew the difference between gray and grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Happy New Year, Adam! Hugs to you, my friend!

      Delete
  16. A broken foot? A broken rib? Good thing your spirit isn't broken! Take care, my friend! Love from Georgia, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to you, Kay! I'll be by shortly! I've missed you!

      Delete
  17. Couldn't hold tears when read about another accident you had at gym dear Louise!
    Your strength is stunning that how you said this all humorously .
    Grace of God that you are recovering quickly my friend!
    Terry looks good in this image. Wishing both of you much health peace and happiness in days ahead.
    You look gorgeous as always with your dazzling smile that can kick away any challenge of life I believe!
    Please take great care in all means! Thinking of you with heart full of prays and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, dear Baili! Thanks you for your kind, uplifting words as always. You are a powerful force for good. My belief is that a big smile can hide a lot of negatives and can spread happiness, so I smile a lot. Wishing you a wonderful 2023 filled with love and learning. Hugs to you and best wishes for you and your amazing family!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.