Friday, December 29, 2023

Christmas in Santa Fe

Hi, Everyone!  I hope Christmas was great for you and your loved ones!
If you don't celebrate the holiday, I hope you had the best of weekends!
Terry and I had one of the best Christmases I can remember with our family in Santa Fe.

Terry and I Heading for Santa Fe
Denver International Airport
Denver, Colorado USA
December 23, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


We didn't get to Bandelier National Monument as we had hoped,
because of construction in the monument.
But there was so much to do and we had so much fun that we didn't mind.

Terry Leaving Noreen and Cathal's to Explore Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico USA
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Walking Toward the Plaza
Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Beautiful Shops with Beautiful Window Displays Lined the Streets
Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


The Plaza has been the heart of downtown Santa Fe for nearly 400 years. 
It remains the central part of the city, with Indian and Spanish markets,
community gatherings, concerts, and other events.


An Indian Market on One Side of the Plaza #1
Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Filled with Christmas Spirit
Outside the Four Kachinas Inn, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






An Adorable Display 
in  La Fonda on the Plaza
Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Terry Takes a Break
in  La Fonda on the Plaza
Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Kateri Tekakwitha:  First Native American Roman Catholic Saint
Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





St. Francis of Assisi
Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


The natural light in Santa Fe is beautiful!
The contrast between sunshine and shadow, sky and adobe is unforgettable.


Sky, Snow, Tree, and Adobe
Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


Art and vibrant colors are everywhere you look.


The Burrito Company
Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






You Can Do Anything!  Make Every Day Count!
Count Your Blessings!  Always Believe in Yourself!
Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Tatanka Iyotake (Sitting Bull)
by Ed Natiya
Manitou Galleries, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved




Cougar (life size)
by Jim Epple
Manitou Galleries, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


On Christmas Eve thousands participate in one of Santa Fe's 
most loved holiday traditions, the Farolito Walk.
Crowds of people walk up and down Canyon Road during the walk,
passing world class galleries and thousands of glowing farolitos
or little lights made out of paper bags, sand, and tea candles.

The Farolito Walk
Canyon Road, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





A Police, Paramedic, and Safety Aide Presence Helps the Public
Canyon Road, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Art Is Everywhere Along the Route
Canyon Road, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Welcome Piñon Fires (Luminarias) Warm the Participants
Canyon Road, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Many Are Capturing the Farolito Walk
Canyon Road, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Our Niece and Nephews
Kevin (left), Deirdre, and Conor
Canyon Road, Santa Fe
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



The best part of Christmas anywhere is family!

Cathal Preparing a Special Dish
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Oh Christmas Tree!
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Bruno in His Christmas Collar and Bow
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






A Delicious Feast
December 25 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Ready to Enjoy
Deirdre, Kevin, Conor, Cathal, Noreen, Me (Louise), and Terry
December 25 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserve


And then it's the last few hours!

A Last Cup of Coffee
Sky Coffee at the Santa Fe Railyard
December 26, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserve





A Last Mystery
Sky Coffee at the Santa Fe Railyard
December 26, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





A Last Look at the Mountains
Santa Fe Railyard
December 26, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






A Last Look at the Land of Enchantment
Albuquerque International Sunport
December 26, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved




Enjoy your weekend!





Till next time ~
Fundy Blue

  My next post on January 3rd:
IWSG Day
🤞

 On the Bay of Fundy
 © M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
 All Rights Reserved

 

39 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful Christmas. Thank you (so much) for sharing some of the incredibly picturesque surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I hope you had a lovely Christmas too! Happy 2024!

      Delete
  2. Now, this was a very wonderful post! Thank you, I sure had a lot to smile about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it, Iris! Best wishes for 2024!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Santa Fe looks like a very interesting place to visit. Love that photo of you and Terry sitting beside the greenery reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! That reindeer was so fun! Santa Fe is an amazing city! All the best to you and your Rare One in 2024!

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had amazing visit. Good people, fun times, and of course the beautiful city. It's one of my favorites. And now, it's time to wish you a happy New Year. I hope it's a good one for you. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you a good 2024, Erica! We hoping to return to Santa Fe sometime this year, thanks to a generous invitation from Noreen and Cathal. Hopefully Bandelier will be fully open then. all the best to you in 2024. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. I love the photo journeys you share of all your travels. Always unique and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh! Photography is one of the great pleasures in my life. I hope that you and your loved ones had a good Christmas together! Here's to a great 2024 for you and yours!

      Delete
  6. Ohhh I so love this post. I haven't been to Santa Fe in many many years. It is so beautiful there. That fist photo is a hoot. You two are so much fun. You always have an adventure going on. Thank you for sharing it all with FFO and have the best day ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! Santa Fe is a spiritual place, really unique. And the art! OMG, it was wonderful! Wishing you all the best in 2024! Sending hugs to you!

      Delete
  7. So glad you had such a wonnderful Christmas! It is all about family to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! Family, love, it's what really matters in the end! Happy, happy 2024 to you!

      Delete
  8. Good no aliens abducted you or Terry lol

    Sure looks like a great Christmas. Bruno may have had enough cheer from that shot haha looks in need of a nap. The cougar statue really stands out, as did they all though. Lots to see. The walk would be neat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely thought of you when I saw that flying saucer embedded in the dirt, Pat! ~ lol! Bruno was tuckered out from lots of walks and people interacting with him. Normally his life is much quieter. I saw Noreen sneak him a bit of croissant, so I snuck him a bite here and there too. We had great fun the whole three days we were there. It was awesome to see the "kids," as well as Noreen and Cathal. That cougar was so lifelike it was eerie. I could have bought him for S26,000.00 ~ lol! The Manitou Galleries were filled with magnificent art. We couldn't get into the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum at a time that worked, so we rambled through galleries and rock shops instead. Have a wonderful 2024! Hugs to you, my friend!

      Delete
  9. Merry Christmas Louise glad you had a lovely time in Santa Fe, love your sister Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Barb! I would so have loved seeing you! Hugging you! If I couldn't be with you guys, I was thrilled to be with the Dalys. Love you, always! I'll be calling. I can hear much better, and my ENT's fix for flying really worked well. Whew! I no longer have to lay my ear on the speaker in my computer keyboard to hear!!! Talk to you soon! Love you!

      Delete
  10. The township looks unique and special. The fish you cooked looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa Fe is truly a unique and special place, Roentare! Our niece Deirdre cooked the salmon, and it was delicious! She is an amazing cook, and so are her parents. Wishing you a happy 2024!

      Delete
  11. It's hard to think of Christmas in Santa Fe. But to be honest here in South Carolina it was more like cold wet autumn on Christmas Day.


    I don't like my son I understood the holiday yet but I know he was like wow this morning is great look at all these toys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before you know it, Adam, your son will have it all figured out! Those early years are magical! I'm sorry that you had miserable weather on Christmas Day. I wish we'd get serious about climate change. take care, my friend!

      Delete
  12. ...WOW, the architecture and the artwork is AMAZING! I wish the two of yopu a Healthy and Happy New York. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the beautiful adobe buildings and the artwork, Tom! I really hope that I get back this year when it's warm! I'm ruined for cold weather. If we go to Santa Fe next Christmas, I'm taking my long underwear, because for sure I'll do the Farolito walk again. Take care, my friend!

      Delete
  13. Everything is beautiful and fun and colorful! I love it! I wish I could eat some of that salmon. Who's the adorable green fellow sitting next to you in the first photo? Is he a reindeer or a moose? Looks like a good time was had by all.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a reindeer, Janie! The salmon, which my niece Deirdre cooked, was delicious! We had a lot of fun! Sending hugs to you!

      Delete
  14. Wonderful photos, wonderful sceneries!
    Happy and Healthy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello. The golden moon is stunning. I know it's not easy to take a picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RTC! I was delighted that I was able to get that photo, since I was shooting from my seat in a plane. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  16. I've never been to Santa Fe so it was interesting looking around the place via your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Santa Fe, Lin! I've only been there a couple of times, but it's wonderful! Have a good one!

      Delete
  17. Oh I loved seeing your photos of Santa Fe ~ have loving memories of visiting there it is so beautiful and how exciting to share their Xmas traditions ~ love the faraolitas ~ thanks and Happy New Year to you and your family ~ hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! I'm so glad that you enjoyed my photos! Hugs to you! All the best in 2024.

      Delete
  18. Bruno is tooooo sweet. Love that first shot with you guys on the bench. What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Bruno! He's a very loving and kind dog. He was tuckered out from all the extra walks and excitement. I love the photo of us on the bench too. Terry is a very good sport. Hugs and best wishes to you!

      Delete
  19. I have always been interested in Santa Fe and never been, so I loved seeing every photo. It looks like a terrific spot to be at Christmas with wonderful decorations! And of course your celebrations look like such fun -- lots of warmth and love in those photos. Big smiles for Bruno, too! Happy New Year, Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely time you had! Love all the photos, especially the cougar sculpture! The food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my this trip looks magical because of breathtaking sky dear Louise! Such lush deep blue is divine to look at .
    I am happy you both could enjoy the sights of glorious city with tranquil environment and delightful art.
    Most important you could spend time with family which is most beautiful part of Christmas: )))
    Your neice and nephews are lovely youngsters mashallah!
    Everyone looks amazing on dining table.
    The last moment shots are really awesome!
    Thanks for making us part of your joyous journey dear Louise ❤
    Hugs and more health peace and happiness to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.