Wednesday, January 3, 2024

IWSG: Wednesday, January 3, 2024 ~ BookBub???





It's the first Wednesday of the month,
the day that members of the
Insecure Writer's Support Group
share their writing struggles
and writing successes
and offer their encouragement
and support to fellow writers.






To visit the IWSG website, click here.

To become a member of the IWSG, click here.

Our wonderful co-hosts who are volunteering today,
along with IWSG Founder Alex J. Cavanaugh are Joylene Nowell Butler


I hope you have a chance to visit today's hosts and thank them for co-hosting.
I'm sure they would appreciate a visit and an encouraging comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every month the IWSG announces a question that members can answer
with advice, insight, a personal experience, or a story in their IWSG posts.

Or, the question can inspire members
if they aren't sure what to write about on IWSG Day.

Remember the question is optional.

This month's featured question is: 
Do you follow back your readers on 
BookBub or do you only follow back other authors? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy New Year Everyone!
I hope that you enjoyed the holiday season, 
and I hope that you are looking forward to the new year.
May it bring you health, happiness, fulfillment, love, and an adventure or two!

The Reason for the Season
A Touching Manger Scene
(I love the donkey ears!)
La Fonda on the Plaza
Santa Fe, New Mexico
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Jesus, Mary, and Sheep
La Fonda on the Plaza
Santa Fe, New Mexico
December 24, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


As for the IWSG question this month,
I have to admit I know nothing about BookBub.
And I'm going to avoid falling down a a rabbit hole
and wait until tomorrow (IWSG Day) to find out more.

Usually the Photographer, Rarely Photographed
Las Fajitas Restaurant
Aurora, Colorado USA
December 17, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Usually Photographed, Rarely the Photographer
Aurora, Colorado USA
December 26, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


Cheers!  Happy New Year!  ðŸ¥‚🥂 ðŸ¥‚ 
Enjoy IWSG Day!  And a big thank you to the co-hosts!   
Stay happy, healthy, and safe.




Till next time ~
Fundy Blue

https://selkiegrey4.blogspot.com

My next post will be on Friday, January 5th. 🤞


34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Roentare! I hope that 2024 has started well for you!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know BookBub was a platform to be honest. I didn't realize how popular Goodreads was years ago either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus is the reason for the season.
    I'm on BookBub but rarely do anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He is! Too often the spiritual meaning of Christmas gets overshadowed by the commercial. Enjoy the day, Alex!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! You're not alone in not knowing much about BookBub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Natalie! I'm happy to know that I'm not alone. Thanks for co-hosting today! Have fun!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, Louise. I agree, everyday is a wonderful day, no matter what. I may not know much about BookBub, but I will continue to start each new day with a gratitude list. Thanks for being a presence on IWSG. Your posts are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind, Joylene! I'm so grateful that I've gotten to know you!

      Delete
  6. LOL - those are some big donkey ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! The manger scene was "rougher" than most I've seen, but touching. Enjoy the day, Diane!

      Delete
  7. I love the photos of you two. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I am now enjoying the day, now that an appointment I was dreading is over!!! 😄! I hope you are having a good day too!

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year!

    I like the manger scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Sandi! It was a cool manger scene, more realistic than a lot I've seen. Santa Fe is a very spiritual place. I loved being there for Christmas. All the best to you in 2024!

      Delete
  9. You're not alone. I've seen that a lot of people don't even know about Book Bub. I only use it for book recommendations, and I seldom visit. Happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2024, Lee! Terry gave me seven books for Christmas. I won't need book recommendations for two or three months ~ lol! All the best to you in 2024!

      Delete
    2. I tried going to Substack, but couldn't get my comment on your post to work. I'll have to try again later. Rattlesnake looks so good!

      Delete
  10. Happy New Year! I haven't seen many manger scenes the past few years. Thanks for sharing. Santa Fe for Christmas must have been lovely - lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Diedre! This manger scene really spoke to me, because it looked more rustic. I haven't seen many manger scenes either, other than the little crèche I have for Christmas every year. Sante Fe for Christmas was amazing. I'm grateful that I had a chance to experience it at this time of year. All the best to you!

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year (and I didn't know anything about Bookbub either).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Jeff! You've certainly been on my mind lately. I hope that all is well with you!

      Delete
  12. Happy not so new just the date year. Lol

    Yeah. I have it but don't bother with it. Just another thing and pffft. Who has time for that?

    Hopefully you have lots of germ-less travel adventures in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't learned anything about BookBub today. It doesn't seem like many people use it; and I certainly don't have time for it. Yeah ~ I need germ-less travel adventures lol! On the 14th we're off again, and I am sure looking forward to the warmth if Hawaii. All the best to you, Pat!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Olga! Here's to lots of good writing this year!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year! I use BookBub occasionally, but not enough to accrue a substantial number of followers. Hope 2024 is a great one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Let's face it. A lot of people don't make it into their 70's, so of course you should celebrate every day you get. Age is really just a number, and I know you've probably heard this all before. But some people just get old because those numbers overwhelm then. I hope you have a fabulous 2024, and enjoy every minute of it. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely Manger scene and lovely to see you both!x

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. I know nothing about the subject either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.