Friday, May 10, 2024

Balloons Plus

Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date prompt for this week is Balloons,
and I was curious to see what would turn up in a search for "balloons" in my photos.
It was a fun trip down memory lane.

Floating on a "Balloon"
Waikiki, O'ahu, Hawai'i, USA
February 2, 2018
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Public Market with "Balloons"
Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia
October 23, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






A Big "Balloon" on Brighton Pier
Brighton, United Kingdom
May 27, 2016
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






A Protest near the Parliament Buildings
Wellington, New Zealand
October 30, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






The El Cortez Celebrates Its 80th Birthday
East Fremont Street, Downtown Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
November 6, 2021
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Lobster Trap Floats ~ "Balloons"
Digby, Nova Scotia, USA
August 1, 2019
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Fourth of July Parade
Breckenridge, Colorado, USA
July 4, 2018
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Balloons for Sale
Rocky Mountain Airshow
Arapahoe Park and Aurora Reservoir
May 30, 2015
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Crew for the US Air Force Thunderbirds ~
Just Because I Admire and Am Grateful for the People Who Serve Our Country
Rocky Mountain Airshow
Arapahoe Park and Aurora Reservoir
May 30, 2015
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






US Air Force Thunderbirds ~ Flying Upside Down
Just Because I Admire and Am Grateful for the People Who Serve Our Country
Rocky Mountain Airshow
Arapahoe Park and Aurora Reservoir
May 30, 2015
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






US Air Force Thunderbirds
Just Because I Admire and Am Grateful for the People Who Serve Our Country
Rocky Mountain Airshow
Arapahoe Park and Aurora Reservoir
May 30, 2015
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






A Great Hotdog!
Food for Rain
Arapahoe Park and Aurora Reservoir
May 30, 2015
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Help for Heroes
Horse Guards Parade, St. James's Park
London, United Kingdom
June 8, 2014
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Photos with "Balloon"
Working on My Memoir
Aurora, Colorado, USA
January 3, 2015
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Terry at a Video Poker Tournament
Laughlin, Nevada, USA
February 10, 2018
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


So many happy memories!
I hope that your life is rich with memories too.


For Rain:  Thanksgiving Dinner with Balloon ~ 
Dad carves a turkey for Thanksgiving Dinner.  
The house in the painting over my father's shoulder is
the Forestry Department Building where we lived in Lansdowne House.

Dad Carves a Thanksgiving Turkey
Donnie, Me, Dad, Barb, Roy, and Bertie
October 8, 1962
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved




For Tom:  Aloha ~ "Balloons" 
It is a rare day on Waikiki's beaches that you don't see a floating ring.
Floating Rings
Waikiki, O'ahu, Hawai'i, USA
February 2, 2018
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved




For Nicole:  Parade Faces ~ 
Every March the Honolulu Festival Parade moves down Kalakaua Avenue
to celebrate Hawai‘i’s cultural ties to the Pacific Rim region.
Participants and visitors gather in Waikiki from all over the world.
It is fabulous fun and culturally rich.  

Parade Faces in the Honolulu Festival Parade
(The Penghu Islands form an archipelago in the Taiwan Strait.)
Waikīkī, O'ahu, Hawai'i, USA
March 8, 2015
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved

Have a great weekend! 




Till next time ~
Fundy Blue

My next post will be 
Wednesday, May 10th. 🤞 



On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


 

 

41 comments:

  1. I adore balloons. Thank you for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I adore balloons, too. It was fun to see what my computer interpreted a balloon. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  2. Lots of patriotic photos! And I see New Zealand has to fight the same stupidity we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty patriotic, Alex! Both my parents and many of my family members have served in the forces. I have a special place in my heart for the air force and navy pilots. I would have loved to go to the Air Force Academy, and one of my favorite weeks in my life was the one I spent at the Academy as an elementary science teacher. I had classes with Air Force instructors, ate in their mess hall, built and shot off a rocket, swam in their training pool, met an astronaut, and so many other things. I can still feel the tingle of stardust ~ lol! I thought when we visited Wellington that I was far away from everything. Wrong! And it's very sad. Other than the demonstration, I loved what little I saw of New Zealand. I do believe in the right to protest as long as it non-violent, even when I disagree with what people are protesting about. The Kiwis protesting were loud, but otherwise behaved. Have a great weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  3. this post can be called a balloon blossom or balloon festival dear Louise :)))

    i thoroughly enjoyed the different cheerful glimpses of you memories :)
    balloons to me are sign of celebrations and happiness .therefore your post is quite uplifting for me :)
    loved all photos ,but one older with your family in land shore house stays closest to heart !
    the lines of so many photos lying on the table show how tough it is to recollect every drop of past memories and bead them all into one single rope of memoir !
    you are inspiration for many who find such thing impossible dear friend .

    the last photo is delightful with little girl on pretty ride :)
    hugs and best wishes to you for each word you write !


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Baili. Despite all the craziness of the past week, I have written a minimum of an hour everyday and sometimes several hours. I focusing on one event at a time and writing short chapters. If I look at the whole manuscript at once I get overwhelmed. Now that I can hear, see, and walk again with no issues ~ lol~ I literally feel like a new person. I'm cleared to work out with my trainer Julie next week, and I'm really happy. I hope all I well with you! Sending you a big hug!

      Delete
  4. What a marvelous assortment of various types of balloons! I enjoyed seeing them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! It was fun to pick them out. Hugs to you, and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. What a great way to share balooons! Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ivy! I hope you've had a good week! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  6. ...Louise, where do I start? You sure have a diverse post today. I guess that I'll start with that hotdog. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ~ Tom! That hotdog was great! Food at airshows, carnivals, and country fairs is so yummy! And I don't even try to resist. Have a great weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  7. Lovely balloons. Air shows scare me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Christine! Air shows can definitely be scary, but I love planes and jets and am always thrilled to see them. I hope all is well with you. Take care!

      Delete
  8. Great variety of balloons. I miss seeing the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. 650 balloons in the air is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would dearly love to see the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, Diane! Happy weekend to you!

      Delete
  9. Wow so many balloons and FACES. I love seeing you the pool and the photo of dad carving the turkey. The parade face are perfect. That little girl is just precious. Thank you for joining FFO and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have lots of great balloons in this page. I love the variety. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

      Delete
  11. Lot of happy faces.
    I also took part in face off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. three batmen pile up on the superman. What a fun exercise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, Roentare! Thanks, and have a great week!

      Delete
  13. I couldn't understand that sausage dog and balloons, but it sure looked good. Great photos, especially the one of your dad cutting the turkey in the Canadian Northwoods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bird walked, Jeff! Something I'm very good at. The Batmen, Superman balloons were at the Rocky Mountain Airshow. So off I went on a Thunderbird bird walk, because I love the Thunderbirds (and the Blue Angels who were also at the airshow). Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date included balloons and dinner ~ hence the hotdog at the airshow. Have a good one!

      Delete
  14. Your dad was quite a handsome man in the photo carving the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gene! My dad died 40 years ago, and I still miss him every day!

      Delete
  15. Who knew video poker had balloons? Lol did he win?

    Sure seen my share of bouncy castle ones with the kiddos and plenty of this buoys here there and everywhere here. Many just hanging in trees haha

    Great memories are the best. Balloons of what have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so good to the kiddos, Pat! Everyone should have such a good uncle! Have a great week, my friend!

      Delete
  16. This is a fun post, Louise, and I enjoyed every single photo, every face, every balloon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Jeannie! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! Have a great week!

      Delete
    2. Oops, Jeanie! I have a wonderful niece named Jeannie!

      Delete
  17. So what a wonderful batch of balloon pictures ... so many balloons. I have been struggling to find even one balloon picture in my files. And though I love balloons, I love more our troops and all of those involved in keeping us safe so I was impressed to see you feel the same. I do the hand over heart salute every time I see one on the street and give whatever I can afford to our veterans. Sadly I have lost my love for our flag as every time I see one displayed on a truck or a home now, the only thing I think is that they are Trumpsters ... which I apologize if I offend you, but I see him as the greatest threat to our decency and our freedom. Sorry for wondering off into politics. And what a great picture of your Dad, you and you siblings. Thank goodness for photographs ... I would so hate to forget about any of the wonderful times I had with my family and friends. So my lovely Louise, you seem to have touched a nerve on me today ... So Sorry!

    Andrea @ from the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to feel sorry, Andrea! We all wander off into politics sometimes. I agree with you about Trump and the Trumpsters, although I will always love our flag. My mother was born an American, even though generations of her family were born in Nova Scotia. My grandfather went to Pennsylvania when times were hard in Nova Scotia, and so she was born in the USA. Both my parents were in the Canadian Air Force, and many people on both sides of my family served in multiple wars. My first husband was with the 101st Airborne, a Screaming Eagle. Unfortunately he was paralyzed in an accident while shipping out to Vietnam. So, yes, I have a great admiration for and gratitude toward those who serve. I thought seriously about joining the Canadian Air Force, but my father put his foot down and said you're going to Acadia University! So dutiful daughter, I did. But there will alway be part of me that will regret not serving. My family photos and letters are my most treasured belongings. I hope that you have enjoyed a wonderful Mother' Day, Andrea! Terry and I just returned from dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Have a great week! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  18. Hey Louise, I just love this picture of dad and the turkey. I was particularly fascinated that I wasn’t sitting on your lap, but that I was on Roy’s. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Louise, I really like the picture of us and Thanksgiving. I was particulating fascinated that I was not sitting in your lap, but I was in Roy’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Bert! Yeah, usually you were on my lap! I hope you had a great Mother's Day! Love you, sis!

      Delete
  20. My son is obsessed with balloons

    ReplyDelete
  21. So much fun! Are those Batman balloon?!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Many, many interesting captures. Each telling a story indeed. Thank you for several rememberings and sharing here.

    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.