Friday, September 1, 2023

It Ain't Gonna Happen!

Sometimes, no matter how hard I try, a post just won't come together.
I've been working for the past few days on a post that just ain't gonna happen.
I've been tearing my hair out, and I finally have to accept that it just isn't working.

So I'm going to link a photo of me and three of my favorite ladies
This is me in Nova Scotia recently with three of my wonderful nieces,
Heather MacBeath, Lisa Mundry, and Sara Heembrock.
Each of these young women is unique and amazing.  I'm so proud of them!
And, needless to say, I love them with all of my heart.

Me with Heather, Lisa, and Sara
Having Lattes at Bertie and Peter's Home
Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
August 2, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


And I'm going to share two videos of a new-to-me singer that I recently discovered.
I've been playing his music over and over and over on YouTube.
He's giving a free concert on Fremont Street in Las Vegas on October 21st,
and I can't be there!
He has a concert in Denver on October 29th, 
and I can't be there!

If anyone had shown me his photo and told me I was going to fall in love with his voice,
I would have said they were crazy.  But they would have been right!
And someday, sooner than later, I will see him in concert.

Jaten Dimsdale:  Stage Name Teddy Swims


This was the first video Teddy Swims that YouTube surprised me with ~
YouTube has introduced me to so much good music I'd never heard before!
Swims' recording is said to be the best male cover ever 
of Bonnie Raitt's I Can't Make You Love Me, 
a song I've loved since I first heard it over thirty years ago.
Enjoy!



And this was the second of Teddy Swims' videos YouTube introduced me to,
his cover of Lewis Capaldi's Somebody You Loved.
I love this recording as well, and I couldn't choose between them
which is why I posted both.
He has many more great videos; some are covers and some are his original songs.

Oh, and today is our 39th wedding anniversary.
Duh!  I could have easily written a post about that!

Terry and I Leaving the Church
Parker, Colorado, USA
September 1, 1984
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


Terry and I with Our Niece Deirdre
Parker, Colorado, USA
September 1, 1984
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Still Having Fun Together!
Enjoying Lattes at Bertie and Peter's Home
Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
August 2, 2023
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved

Hopefully, I'll have my post pulled together for next week.
Have a great weekend!




Till next time ~
Fundy Blue

  My next post will be soon! ðŸ¤ž



On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


 

 

32 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary.
    Your nieces are beautiful - as you know.
    That singer has an incredible voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I'm glad that you heard Teddy Swims sing. He blew me away with his incredible voice. And I'm starting to get used to the beard and the tattoos. He looks very different from Terry! Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  2. This is so good with your people's portraits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roentare! Have a great weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary! I think this post came together great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! You are always so affirming! I'll sort my other post out. Sometimes I have to write and write to figure out what I'm really trying to say. "Writing is easy!" said no one ever! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes things just don't come together in time indeed. Oh well, it will eventually.

    Nothing wrong with pics of enjoying family at Smith's Cove.

    He really has a great voice indeed.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat! 39 years ~ That's longer than you've been alive I'll bet! My post will come together. It's just taking longer. I really enjoyed meeting you! Happy weekend!

      Delete
  5. Fabuous post and gorgeous photos! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie! I hope you have had a great week!

      Delete
    2. And I forgot to say what a wonderful voice that singer has. And happy Anniversary! More hugs!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Valerie! Terry surprised me with lunch and cocktails by the swimming pool at our clubhouse, It was lovely! Too bad that he has to practically sit on me to make me take a time out and relax. I'm listening to Teddy Swims right now. I absolutely love his voice!! Happy weekend, my friend! xoxox

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary Louise ( and Terry too)! That was such a fun day - where have all the years gone? Loves you, your favourite sister Barb lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loves my favorite sister Barb too! I'll take Terry's approach. When he sent each of you a postcard on our first trip to Hawaii, he addressed each one to "My Favorite" Sister-in-Law "~ lol! We're going to hang out at the pool for a while. When we were in Sun City Grand and some of the other Sun Cities, we couldn't wait to get in their pools. Ours is every bit as nice and has the same services. I just don't appreciate my own community as much ~ pitiful and laughable! I miss you and Pat! We never had a good game of hearts. Hugs to the kitty and pup!

      Delete
  7. Well my dear friend. Don't fret, the post is beautiful. However, I do know what you mean when a blog post won't come together. I love seeing your photo so your did GOOD. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I think I've found the right first sentence for that troublesome post. fingers crossed for next Friday ~ lol! Have a lovely weekend! xoxox

      Delete
  8. ...how does Teddy Swims get that sweet voice of his big body? Happy anniversary, I love the flowers in your hair. Kick up your feet and have fun together, my Sweetie and have dates all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom! We had a lovely date today, but we don't need an anniversary for that ~ lol! I don't know where Teddy's voice comes from, but it is wonderful. If a big, bushy-bearded, tattooed man like him had come and sat down next to me somewhere, I would have run ~ lol! I'll be by to visit tomorrow! My day was full and fun! Take care, my friend!

      Delete
    2. Blogger seems to be eating my comments on your blog, Tom! But I have enjoyed your posts.

      Delete
  9. Happy anniversary. It’s sound like the two of you are made to be together. I think your throw it together post works great! Have a super holiday weekend. Hugs ErikA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika! I think we were made to be together too! Hugs back at you!

      Delete
  10. First of all, happy anniversary! I hope it was a wonderful day. That's a lot of years and three cheers And thanks for the intro to Teddy Swims. I love those songs (especially the Raitt) and he's wonderful with them. I'll keep an eye out and venture over to youtube myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jeanie! I'm so glad that you enjoyed Teddy Swims! We did have a lovely day on our anniversary. It was low-key. We lounged by the pool at our clubhouse, had a great lunch, and enjoyed drinks. It was so relaxing and just what I needed! I'm still driven at 73, so sometimes Terry puts his foot down and says we're going to take a break and do nothing! Like you, I'm aware of how my time left is decreasing, and that thought just drives me more. I love YouTube! My kitchen tv croaked, and we didn't get around to replacing it for several months, so that sent me to YouTube and I discovered all kind of new artists. I love music so much! Have a great week, my friend!

      Delete
  11. oh my God he got really beautiful voice that touches the soul instantly !
    i will definitely look for his videos dear Louise ,thank you so much for introducing him!

    many many happy returns of the day my lovely friend! yes it happens sometimes that post does not come spontaneously nor with effort but these awesome songs and amazing voice did it's job nicely indeed
    i loved the photos ,such touching memories sooth the heart ,i loved all but one with niece is unique and dynamic :)
    i am so happy i found you my dear friend most of the time i try to say how much i appreciate your friendship but often i lack appropriate words and way .
    sending you tons of healing energy ,love and hugs
    oh how can i forget that you have such pretty nieces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, dear Baili! I appreciate your friendship too! You are very special to me, and I count myself lucky to have you as a friend! I have five wonderful nieces on my side of the family and even more on Terry's side. What I love is that they are all strong, intelligent, independent, compassionate, and talented. We have wonderful nephews, too, and I love them just as much. There is nothing better in this world than family. Lots of love to you and your wonderful family. Have a great week!

      Delete
  12. How wonderful to see your three nieces. Of course, it was great to see you, too.

    Happy 39th wedding anniversary. Quite a remarkable achievement in this day and age. Loved seeing your wedding photo, too. Nice that you and Terry are still so happy together.

    BTW, none of your videos worked for me. All I saw were clear boxes and no way to click through. I'll see if I can find him on you tube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I think I'm very lucky to have Terry! I'm sorry the videos didn't work for you. They both worked for me right now. I'll add the YouTube links, just in case you still want to check out Teddy's music. Here's "I Can't Make You Love Me": https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bm14Bv1DKU&list=RDAMVM_Bm14Bv1DKU and here's "Someone You Loved":
      https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=1LP0U8I6Zrk&list=RDAMVM1LP0U8I6Zrk
      Have a great week! xox

      Delete
  13. The photo of you with the baby, Deirdre, wow, you were rocking that hairstyle. It reminds me of Toni Tennille. (Cap'n and Tennille)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gene! You put a big smile on my face! I miss my dark hair, but it would look too harsh now. Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  14. Happy Anniversary! That's such a wonderful wedding photo of the two of you with your niece. And yes, wow, Teddy Swims has an amazing voice -- I hope you do get to hear him in concert someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.