Friday, February 9, 2024

Aloha!

Well, I didn't plan to post today.
I'm still not through my Insecure Writer's Support Group rounds,
and today Terry and I spent time with our nephew Conor
who was passing through Honolulu for work
and then we caught up with our friend Janeth who had just arrived from Ottawa.

Breakwater on Māmala Bay
by the Royal Hawaiian
Honolulu, Oʻahu⁩, ⁨ ⁨Hawaiʻi⁩, ⁨United States⁩
January 24, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


Throw in pickleball for Terry and a mani/pedi for me yesterday afternoon
and a wonderful massage for me tomorrow morning ~
Well I have no business trying to do a post as well!
But here I am unexpectedly with a mixture of photos to share. 
Blame it on two mai tais! 


Looking for a Wave!
‎⁨Kuhio Beach Park⁩, ⁨Waikiki
January 25, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





A Beautiful Outrigger Canoe
Outrigger Reef Hotel, Waikiki
January 22, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Well Here's Something I Haven't Seen Before!
Target, Ala Moana Center
February 6, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






An Ephemeral Rainbow
Here and Gone in Seconds
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
February 5, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Pigeon with Petals
Fort DeRussy Beach
January 31, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Bridal Gown
Puealeilani Atrium Shops, Waikiki
, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Our Nephew Exiting the Ocean
Fort DeRussy Beach
February 9, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Anianiau with Orange 'Ōhi'a
Smallest of the Honeycreeper Birds
by Jasmine Healani Christian
Hyatt Regency, Waikiki
January 26, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Unknown Title (as in I forgot to record it)
by Jasmine Healani Christian
Hyatt Regency, Waikiki
January 26, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Back Again:  The Fisherman and His Dog
Breakwater by the Outrigger Reef Hotel, Waikiki
January 31, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Faithful Companion
Breakwater by the Outrigger Reef Hotel, Waikiki
January 31, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved






Hawaiian Sunset from Our Lanai
Royal Kūhiō, Waikiki
February 7, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved




For Rain's TADD:  Far Away:

Far Away:  Full Moon
(from Our Lanai)
Royal Kūhiō, Waikiki
January 26,  2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



For Tom's Aloha Friday:  Wyland Whaling Wall #67
 

My all-time favorite mural shot from 
a moving bus with a dirty window.


Wyland Whaling Wall

American artist Robert Wyland is known for his striking life-size murals of whales
and other marine life in his Whaling Walls series.  List in Wikipedia
As an artist and a conservationist, Wyland highlighted the dire circumstances
of whales around the world in his paintings and murals.  
This 16-story mural is located on the side
of Royal Aloha Condominiums on Ala Wai Boulevard.
Wyland originally painted this mural for Earth Day 1995,
and he repainted it for Earth Day 2018.  Cycletram


For Nicoles's Friday Face Off:  Happy Faces

Terry with Our Nephew Conor
Monkeypod, Outrigger Reef Hotel
Fort DeRussy Beach
February 9, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved





Conor and Me
Monkeypod, Outrigger Reef Hotel
Fort DeRussy Beach
February 9, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



Have a great weekend!  🌺 Aloha!!! 🌺




Till next time ~
Fundy Blue

  My next post will be soon! 🤞



On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


 

    

 

40 comments:

  1. Your nephew is definitely a hunk. The breakwater is very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roentare! My nephew is a great guy, inside and out! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  2. Aloha Louise, Robert Wyland have been painting in Hawaii for years and I've enjoyed his art. Have a great stay and enjoy all the beauty and excitement Hawaii has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Tom! I've loved this mural for years, but I had never looked into its history which was really interesting. I'm not surprised you know about Robert Wyland, because you appreciate murals as art and have share many striking and original murals. Have a good one!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you're having a lovely week. And having sunshine. We had 5 days of sun, which is our longest spell her in NH all winter, and now I see grey again. Frown. That outrigger is gorgeous. And I like Wyland walls. He came to our school and did a wall when he was in town, but sadly when they renovated they didn't save it. Your photos are lovely, and it looks like you have a great winter. Take care and enjoy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika! I'm so sorry that you are grey again. If I'm around grey clouds too long, I get depressed. The outrigger is a work of art because it's so beautifully carved. And the wood is gorgeous. Wyland Walls were new to me. I had no idea about Wyland or this one until I did a google image search and learned its history. One thing awesome about life is that you are never too old to learn! Have a sunny and warmer weekend!

      Delete
  4. I've never seen an escalator for shopping carts either -- what next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What next, for sure, Debra! I should have run around to the other side and caught the carts coming down, but we were in a hurry. Have a great weekend! Hugs to you, my friend!

      Delete
  5. That's really clever to have an escalator for shopping carts.
    Looks like you are enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a great time, Alex! And seeing our nephew was the icing on the cake. He's such a sweetheart! Happy weekend to you, my friend!

      Delete
  6. Great photos! The ocean water look so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi. The ocean is wonderful! I can't wait until my eyes are fixed, and I can start paddle boarding again. Have a lovely weekend! Take care!

      Delete
  7. Great you got to spend time with family and friends too. And in the warmth of Hawaii.

    Lol well can't say I've seen that either. One way to let people fill their carts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard NS has been really slammed by snow, Pat! I'm so sorry. I wish I could send you a tropical sunshine outburst of warmth that would banish the snow and cold. Otherwise, I hope that you are doing well. Take care!

      Delete
  8. That wedding dress is beautiful, and so is your nephew. With the way Terry hates the cold, have your thought about moving to Hawaii? You could have a couple of mai tais whenever you please.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, whatever wasn't working yesterday is working today! I can now comment ~ go figure! Hawaii is our getaway place, and it's much cheaper to visit than to live here. I hope your week has started well. Hugs to you, Janie!

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed your photos for the challenges

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your photos for the challenges-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double thanks, Christine! Have a great rest of the week! Hugs!

      Delete
  11. Hi Louise! Oh I long for the beautiful summer days! Thanks for sharing the photos. Geez I have to say Conor is a hunk!!! ☺☺ I'd love to share a Mai Tai with you one of these days my friend! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain, you're a sweetheart! I'd love to have a mai tai with you! Take care, my friend! xox

      Delete
  12. Janie, Christine, and Rain, for some reason I can't reply to your comments. Argh!
    Janie, if we moved here, we'd lose our place to escape to!
    Thanks, Christine!
    Rain, I'd love to have a mai tai with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this beautiful collection of photos. You are having a great time on O'ahu and I hope it stays like this for you. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carola! I absolutely love O'ahu! We are having a blast! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  14. OMG ... you are living in Hawaii? I have been away and didn't know that. How awesome. Your pictures are gorgeous as is your nephew, Connor 😁 Hawaii always has beautiful sunsets and I love the picture of the man and his dog on the pier. I was not familiar with Robert Wyland's art. The whales are wonderful and I am in awe of how he could paint so big so beautifully. I plan to look him up when I leave here. So life is good for you so far away ... how long will you be there? Hawaii is still on my bucket list. I am checking things off one at a time. This year was Australia, next year, well that hasn't been decided yet, but I am giving serious thought to Hawaii. Stay well Louis and enjoy you lovely surroundings.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I hope that you had a fabulous time in Australia. We visited Sydney in November and loved it. I definitely want to return. I didn't feel upside down at all ~ lol! We are here for about three more weeks. The time is racing by, and I wish that it would slow down! I do hope you get to visit, maybe even next year! I didn't know about Robert Wyland until I started looking for info about the mural. I always look for it when I'm on the bus. It's amazing. Have an amazing rest of the week! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  15. A lovely post for sure. I have never seen the carts on the excalator either. Interesting. I have to agree with Rain, Conor is very nice looking. LOL Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole. And I did have a great day. I visited the US Army Museum of Hawaii. It was powerful and emotionally difficult. I feel such gratitude for the men and women who protect us now and in the past. Those who give their lives in service to our country are truly heroes, and it was moving and heartbreaking to see their faces. I wish each one of them had come home. I hope to go to Pearl Harbor on Friday, so I want to return to the Army Museum before then and really study its Pearl Harbor exhibit. Yes, I was born Canadian, but I grew up connected with so many wars. I have very early memories of the Korean War, even though I was a toddler. So today was great on so many levels. Hugs to you!!

      Delete
  16. Enjoy your time on the islands. You are traveling a lot these days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Jeff! Yes, Terry and I have been traveling a lot. I love to travel. I want to see everything I can in this beautiful world of ours. I keep thinking of the Anthony Doerr quote from "All the Light We Cannot See": “Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever.” Since I don't know for certain what shape forever/heaven takes, since I believe it's beyond our comprehension, I want to experience what is in front of me as much as I can now. The world is a beautiful creation, and in seeing the world, I see God. So I shall keep exploring whether it's along my beloved Piney Creek or in some far away place as long as I can manage. Thanks for so eloquently sharing the places you see and love. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved you decided to post dear Louise: )
    I am glad you are having pleasant outdoors in Hawaii. Having ocean close is a bliss to soul and sun is bonus 😍
    Your nephew is smart and kind as he specially came to meet you both :)
    You both look happy to have him !
    I really loved birds and the other art .
    The mural is awesome indeed and reveals artist's mastery.
    I enjoy seeing murals on blogs and wish if such tradition can start in our country too .
    Best wishes for all you up to in days ahead my friend!
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Baili! I'm playing catchup again. Terry and I were thrilled to see our nephew Conor. He was passing through Hawaii on his way to Guam and made an effort to see us. He is a wonderful person. I have the best nephews and nieces! Thank you for your best wishes; we have been having a great time! Hugs and love to you!

      Delete
  19. Great photos! I'm still making my IWSG rounds too. Day job + not feeling well = slacking co-host :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janet. Slacking host you are not. We all do the best we can, and life is so busy. I wish you all the best in this special month. Thank you for co-hosting!

      Delete
  20. My wife got me watching The Bachelor series and I never learned as much as I did about pickleball until they did the Golden Bachelor and the gentleman was very well known for enjoying the game in his free time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Adam! I'm sorry I'm so late in replying. I didn't see the Golden Bachelor, but we are watching the current season here in Hawaii. Terry is playing pickleball here three to four times a week. I'm terrible at it, so I'm off the hook ~ lol! Take care, my friend!

      Delete
  21. Absolutely wonderful place to be.
    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dixie! We are so happy to be here! Enjoy this extra long February!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.