Friday, August 23, 2024

Good Love Is Hard to Find! I Got Lucky!

I've been going through the hundreds of photos I took in Nova Scotia
and remembering all the people I love and the fun we had.
I wish I could go back and do it all over again ~ right now!
I am so grateful for a noisy, opinionated, fun-loving, big-hearted family.

Hanging Out at Lazy Bear for Pizza, Beer, and Music on a Thursday Evening
Two Tables and More of Family
Lazy Bear, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 25, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


I am also beyond grateful for my husband Terry.
We're coming up on our 40th Wedding Anniversary on September 1st. 
Forty years married!  How did it go so fast?

I've been given the incredible gift of abundant love in my life.
I got lucky. 

Flying to Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Air Canada
We're Not Excited or Anything ~ LOL
Somewhere in Cloud Land
July 24, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Approaching the Runway in Beautiful Nova Scotia
Outside Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 24, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Home Again!
Halifax Stanfield International Airport 
Goffs, a Rural Community in the Halifax Regional Municipality,
Nova Scotia, Canada
July 24, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


My mother's side of our family has been connected to the Smith's Cove,
Digby, and Digby Neck part of Nova Scotia for generations.
Many members of my family who don't live here have been returning 
to Smith's Cove for part of their summers throughout their lives.
We all aim to overlap our visits on the first weekend in August.

Smith's Cove with Digby, Digby Gut, and Bear Island Beyond the Beach ~ Ferry's In
Like many generations before, clamdiggers are harvesting clams as the tide goes out.
Nova Scotia, Canada
July 28, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Air Canada Back-of-the-Seat-Screen Fight Map
YYZ (Toronto) to YHZ (Halifax)
I added (clockwise) Smith's Cove, Digby, Digby Gut, Bay of Fundy, Annapolis Basin,
 Bear River, Smith's Cove Lighthouse Park, Bear Island
Nova Scotia, Canada     July 24, 2024
 

Whenever my brother, three sisters, and I are together, we take our We Five photo.
Our first We Five photo was taken in Margaretsville, Nova Scotia, 
when our youngest sister Bertie came home from the hospital in 1959.
Decades later we are still posing together, a little worse for wear, but still deeply connected.

Donnie, Barbie, Me, Bertie, Gretchen (our dog), and Roy
Margaretsville, Nova Scotia, Canada
April 1959
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Roy, Donnie, Me, Barb, and Bertie
Barb and Pat's House, Smith's Cove
August 1, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


My sister Barb saw my post last week and said, 
"I thought for sure you'd show us playing cards.
So Barb, this is for you:

Barb

Roy Makes a Game-Winning Move
Sue, Barb, Terry, and Roy
Barb and Pat's House, Smith's Cove
July 30, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


Some asked if all the wood got stacked.  Yes it did.
Thanks to wood-stacker extraordinaire, Barb's partner, Pat.

Five Cords of Wood

Wood-Stacker Extraordinaire, Pat!
Barb and Pat's House, Smith's Cove
July 28, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


Some asked if Josie ever got into Scotia's water.  No, because cats rule! 🐾 🐈‍⬛
But Josie found a better source of water, so they both win.  🐕 🐾

"All Mine," says Scotia.
Barb and Pat's House, Smith's Cove
July 28, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





"All Mine," says Josie.
Barb and Pat's House, Smith's Cove
July 30, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


I have been lucky in all kinds of love.
And I'm really lucky to have a husband who joins in everything.

Terry Literally Surrounded by My Family and Friends
On Chad and Sisters Two
Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 26, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


Terry Spots Me on the Upper Deck

And lucky to have a husband who's happy to go off on his own 
and play pickleball with friends he's made in the village.

Off to Pickleball


Did "Good love is hard to find.  I got lucky," remind you of anything?
It's almost the exact words from an old 
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers song "You Got Lucky."

I hadn't heard the song until this week, and it wasn't Petty singing it.
It was Blackberry Smoke, another amazing band out of Atlanta.
Where have you been all my life, Blackberry Smoke? 
 
They're fabulous!  Their cover of Petty's "You Got Lucky" is gorgeous.
I love Charlie Starr's voice, and Amanda Shires' violin is beautifully poignant.

Blackberry Smoke feat. Amanda Shires


Well I can't do better than Terry and I'm not going anywhere.
"Good love is hard to find. ... You got lucky, Babe, when I found you."
I sure did!

Waiting to Fly to Nova Scotia
Denver, Colorado, USA
July 24, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



For Rain:  Ship ~ Not quite ships, but models of beautiful sailing vessels.
Sailing Vessels
Smith's Cove Historical Society & Old Temperance Hall Museum
Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 30, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



For Tom:  The Spirit of Aloha 
Grammie, Mom, and Me
On the Beach
Smith's Cove  Summer 1951
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



For Gillena:  Salad ~ Yummy!
Donnie Making Salad
Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
August 3, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



For Nicole:  Funny Face
My Cousin, Pat, the Life of the Party
Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 27, 2024
Photo by Sara Heembrock

Have a great weekend! 


 Till next time ~
 Fundy Blue
 
Standing Into Danger                                    https://selkiegrey4.blogspot.com
 Copyright ©2024 – All rights reserved.

My next post will be 
Friday, August 30th 🤞 

On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



 

42 comments:

  1. You got lucky indeed - as did all the people you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Scotia" -- what a beautiful name for a cat! And love that photo of your goofball cousin Pat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think "Scotia" is a cool name, Debra. Barb rescued Scotia and her sister Smoke in Calgary. She was obviously missing Nova Scotia. Everybody loves, Pat! There's a goofy entertainer in every family, and Pat is it.

      Delete
  3. ...when you find a good love be happy and enjoy it. I found it 56 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, my friend! 56 years is awesome! Not long enough, is it? ❤️

      Delete
  4. That last shot is funny! Cool you guys have taken so many photos together over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Alex! We never know what Pat is going to do. The pictures are always fun to take.Have a good one!

      Delete
  5. Another great post Louise, lots of love your sister Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb! Love you too! ❤️ 🐈‍⬛ 🐕

      Delete
  6. Greetings Louise. I am so glad you found your soul-mate a number of years ago, I have always been unlucky in love. Clare, who is my muse, I still deeply love - I deem her my soul mate. She only left me when I cut myself up about three hundred times in an instance, it frightened her. But I was seriously ill at the time. I met her in the psychiatric hospital, she'd had a break-down. Yes, I am so happy for you. I do have a loving family like your sweet-self, and we are all close. I need to get a car again so I can visit them more often, as I live outside of town to where they all live now, and not on their doorstep as I was.

    Nice pictures. The dog in the pool is cute cooling off. Was it hot in Nova Scotia? Is it Summer time there at the moment, as it is here?

    Take wonderful and gentle care. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Andrew! I will never understand the mysteries of what we experience in life. I do know that we all have challenges and stories. I'm so proud of you for all you've overcome. It's amazing. There is a history of mental illness on my father's side of my family, and I understand something of its tragic toll and consequences. You may not be with Clare now, but nothing can take away the fact that you were together and you loved her deeply. I'm glad that you have a loving family, because life is so much better when you that love and support. Yes, it was summer and hot in Nova Scotia! 36º C and muggy. But it was also chilly and foggy at times. Josie loves her pool, especially on scorching days. Wishing you only the best, my friend! ❤️

      Delete
  7. Fourty years. That is wonderful!!! Very, very cool. Much congrats to you both. I love being married. So great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Ivy, being marries is great! Enjoy our summer weekend. Summer flies by so quickly!

      Delete
  8. Nice photos and great on the challenges -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pic with crab cranes is so funny to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I smile every time I see Pat with lobster claws for hands. Happy weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  10. Forty years of love is wonderful, You are lucky for having Terry, and Terry is lucky for having you. Lovely pictures, you deserve all the happiness. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! I definitely feel blessed. All the best to you!

      Delete
  11. You are truly blessed by all the wonders of your life...including cousin Pat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! Cousin Pat injects a lot of fun into our lives. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  12. This is a heart warming post that was great to read. Being lucky in love is a wonderful gift for certain. And ha ha to the photo with the pup snoozing in the pool and to the lobster claws in the FRiday Face off photo. Your cousin Pat looks like he's a funny guy. Have a super weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back at you, Erika! I'm glad that you enjoyed my post. And Pat is definitely a funny guy. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  13. This looks wonderful -- so warm and filled with love. Aren't you lucky to be surrounded by this loving energy? It looks like wonderful times -- games, good food, long talks, and so much more. This fills me with joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie. I'm glad you sensed the joy. Hugs to you, my friend!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pictures. I enjoyed seeing pictures of you as a kid. You have a great family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! I hope that you've been enjoying a good weekend! ❤️

      Delete
  15. OMGosh!!!! These are wonderful photos. Everyone is a happy setting. Yes, 40 years is something to be proud of. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I'm thinking of you and Mr M. I hope that you find some time to relax! ❤️

      Delete
  16. You have a special family. I can't imagine all those siblings. Okay, I can't imagine any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't imagine not having them ~ LOL! I hope that you are enjoying your weekend, Diane!

      Delete
  17. Lol better watch those lobster claws. He looks ready to use em hahaha

    Sure found it indeed thanks to that love bus. Haha I still haven't taken Terry's suggestion and gone and stood at a bus stop.

    Looks like lots of fun was had. Josie sure got her own water source.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always put a big smile on my face, Pat! Have a great week. I hope all goes well for the twins as they head off to a new school year.

      Delete
  18. Happy (almost) Anniversary! You have been blessed with a loving husband and family. I'm happy for you, Louise.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janie! I really appreciate your comment! ❤️

      Delete
  19. This one is such a feel good post! Everyone is smiling. So much fun to see all the siblings together.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Soma! I'm happy that you experienced this as a feel good post! Happy weekend!

      Delete
  20. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Congratulations on 40 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeff! I wish I could have met Terry 10 years sooner, so that it would now be our 50th. Regardless, I am grateful for every year.

      Delete
  21. Lovely face -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.