Friday, August 16, 2024

Heart Full of Memories

I'm back home again after a wonderful visit to see my family in Nova Scotia.
My trip was mostly about spending time with family and friends,
but it was also about touching base with places I love.

I hardly know where to begin.  
I have a heart full of memories and a memory full of photos. 

Terry and I with Three of My Siblings and Their Partners
Clockwise:  Pat and My Sister Barb (upper left) Terry, My Brother Roy and His Wife Sue (lower right)
My Sister Donnie, Me, and Martin (Donnie's husband, lower left)
Donnie and Martin's, Smiths Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
August 1, 2024
© Roy's iPhone.  All Rights Reserved





Jackson and His Aunt Becky Tossing a Football
Note the Clamdiggers on the Mudflats (upper right)
Donnie and Martin's, Smiths Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 28, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved




Morning Lattes with Bertie
Left to Right:  Claire, Peter, Me, Terry, Roy, Sue, Martin, Donnie, Bertie, Justin, and Pat
Bertie and Peter's, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 31, 2024
© Sara's iPhone. All Rights Reserved





The Best Barista I Know, My Sister Bertie, and the Most Generous Too!
She can knock out 20 or 30 coffees and other drinks in no time.
Bertie and Peter's, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 31, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Terry and Josie (Barb and Pat's Husky)
Donnie and Martin's, Smiths Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 31, 2024
© Roy's iPhone.  All Rights Reserved





The Boys Bonding ~ lol!
Martin (left), Roy, and Terry
Donnie and Martin's, Smiths Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 31, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Coffee is on at the Smith's Cove Museum
Smith's Cove Old Temperance Hall Museum, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
9:30 - 11:30 July 25 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Community Coffee at the Smith's Cove Museum
Left to Right:  Sara, Bertie, Donnie, Cousins Julie, Dave, and Carlin
Smith's Cove Old Temperance Hall Museum, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 26, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Jackson (our great nephew) and Daisy (Claire and Pat's dog)
Donnie and Martin's, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 26, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





My Sister Barb and Brother Roy Watching the Ferry Leave
Donnie and Martin's, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
August 3, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





The Ferry Leaves Digby, Nova Scotia, for Saint John, New Brunswick.
It's heading into a bank of fog spilling into the Annapolis Basin from the Bay of Fundy via Digby Gut.
I've watched different ferries coming and going through the Gut for over 70 years.
Donnie and Martin's, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
August 3, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Me, On My Beloved Bay of Fundy
On Mariner Cruises Whale and Seabird Tours' Chad and Sisters Too
On the Bay of Fundy out of Westport on Brier Island, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 26, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Barb and Pat Get a Load of Wood for the Winter
Barb and Pat's, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 25, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





My cousin Claire begins serving her storied chocolate silk pie.
Donnie and Martin's, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
August 3, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Terry and I on the Wharf at Annapolis Royal
Annapolis Royal Nova Scotia, Canada
August 3, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



For Rain:  Double Trouble ~ Scotia and Josie
Don't even think of lapping my water, Girlfriend!
Josie considers whether or not to sneak a lap from Scotia's water glass.
Barb and Pat's, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Julu 30, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


For Tom: The Spirit of Aloha
Family Equals Love and Aloha
Our Niece Krista (left), Dean with Jackson (Krista's partner and their  son), Karen and Dennis (Dean's parents)
Brier Island, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 26, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


For Gillena:  Boat, but Not Popeyes' 
The Emily Kaye in Dry Dock
Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia, Canada
August 3, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



For Nicole:  Faces
My brother Roy and Peter (b-i-l, Bertie's husband) share a laugh
while Martin (b-i-l, Donnie's husband) is lost in thought.
Donnie and Martin's, Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
August 3, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved

Have a great weekend! 


 Till next time ~
 Fundy Blue
 
Standing Into Danger                                    https://selkiegrey4.blogspot.com
 Copyright ©2024 – All rights reserved.

My next post will be 
Friday, August 23rd. 🤞 

On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



 

43 comments:

  1. Glad that you had a good time with family. Very close bonds among the photos you shared. Such is a perfect example of family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roentare! My family has been one of the greatest blessing in my life. Take care!

      Delete
  2. House right on the water! That would be a half million dollar house here, even if it was a trailer.
    Fun pictures. The bonding photo is funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! I thought the guys bonding was funny. They are in sync though. There feet are all crossed in the same direction. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had a wonderful trip with your family. It's great that you have such a big family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I see that the "boys" have the addition too. My family is so small, I have no aunts or uncles or cousins. Have a wonderful weekend Louise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom! I'm the third oldest in my extended family now. 😱 Have a nice weekend with your Sweetie.

      Delete
  5. Sure looks like a lot of fun with family indeed. Josie seems to like thinking about the water glass lol they get their wood all piled? Had a fair amount done when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Pat! Where you're at! Yes, they have all that stacked. Pat is a wood-stacking machine, and Barb pitched in a lot too. Happy weekend to you!

      Delete
    2. Barb said to let you know that all five cords are stacked. They'll be warm all winter.

      Delete
    3. Lol good to know they'll be warm for our "loads" of snow we get these days.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a great time! I'd love a slice of that chocolate silk pie, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you, Debra! That pie was so delicious I broke down and had two slices. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  7. It was wonderful to have you here with us Louise. I am surprised there are no pictures of card games lol. Love and miss you, your sister Barb. Let Pat Hat know that all 5 cords of wood are stacked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too, Barb ~ and Pat, and Josie, and Ms. Cranky Pants! I'm going to put a card game photo on a post on fun things we did. Love you, too! You and Pat were awesome to put us up during our visit. I'm making tuna melt sandwiches for lunch now ~ 2Xs this week. Julie told me to check at Goodwill for bread making machines. Have a relaxing weekend. ❤️

      Delete
  8. You have a large and handsome family and you hail from a beautiful and blue place ... "over 70 years? You don't look it or act it ... good for you. A long life is the gift those who love life. Beautiful pictures and family. All of my family(except my FH, Kids and Grandkids) have passed, so I know how lucky you are.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful for my family every day, Andrea. I'm sorry that you have lost so many family members. I know how much my passed family members mean to me. Now you know why I nicknamed myself Fundy Blue. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. Wow! What a fun reunion. It looks like everyone is really enjoying themselves. So glad your were able to do that. It's a joy. Thank you for joining FFO and have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a joy, Nicole, and we had so much fun. Enjoy your weekend. 🤞for you and hubby.

      Delete
  10. You can tell it was a terrific time just from the wonderful smiles! I'm so glad you had such a grand time. I know it felt so warm to be with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The love and warmth of family is hard to beat, Jeanie! I hope that you are enjoying the summer with yours. Take care!

      Delete
  11. It looks a wonderful place to have a wonderful time with a wonderful family! I'm so glad you have had a good time spent with your immediate family. Such memories you can treasure in your memories that will be memorable. You all look like you are a close-knit family, which is nice for you all. Take wonderful and gentle care. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to you, Andrew! We are close-knit, and it's a wonderful gift. FYI I've been trying to access your blog, but I can't get in. If you're keeping it private, I respect that. I just want you to know that I'm not ignoring your blog. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers always. Take care!

      Delete
    2. Greetings Louise. I don't understand why you can't access my blog? It's a mystery to me? Only last night I had four hundred views, so it is bewildering? If you know what the problem might be please let me know, as I do love you visiting and leaving productive comments? If I have blocked you with making an error can you please tell me how I can rectify it? Or if any of your viewers can lend a helpful hand in resolving this that would be great. So sorry. Thank you for your love. Take wonderful and gentle care. How is your Sister doing with her sad predicament? I hope she is getting better? Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
    3. Hi, Andrew! As you may have already discovered, I found a way in to your blog through a general search on google. I had tried several times today, and when I got in, I bookmarked it. Hopefully I will not have any more problems. Thanks for asking about my sister. She's waiting on tests, but she seemed great while I was in Nova Scotia. Have a great week!

      Delete
  12. Excellent amout of wood! Funny with the dudes all on their phones!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ivy! My sister Barb and her Pat had 5 cords of wood delivered, and they had it stacked very quickly. They heat their home entirely with a wood fireplace in the living room. There is nothing like a wood fire. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  13. How wonderful that you could meet with your family and it looks like you all had a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carola! We had a great time together. All the best to you!

      Delete
  14. That's the best kind of trip. I think you had a wonderful time from all the love you shared in this post. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika! Visiting my family always fills my heart. Have a happy week.

      Delete
  15. Glad you enjoyed your time with family in Nova Scotia Louise, lovely pics. Ask your cousin to send one of those lovely pies over to me in Northern Ireland. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda! Claire's pies are amazing! God's blessings to you! ❤️

      Delete
  16. That's a lot of wood 🪵🪓

    I'm grateful for gas heat. My first house had a heat pump and it never felt warm even though the thermostat said otherwise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Adam! It's great to see you. I like gas heat too. That was 5 cords of wood - a big job to stack for winter. All the best to you!

      Delete
  17. Looks like a wonderful gathering.
    I also took part in FFO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dora! I haven't made it around to everyone yet. I hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  18. Wow!!!
    You definitely had blast dear Louise :)))
    I felt sooo happy while seeing these lovely photos!
    How nice you could meet all loved ones and visit your homeland:)
    I can relate to this special and one of the most beautiful feeling!
    Everyone looks so happy as well and peace on your lovely face while sitting with them reveal depth of your happiness:)
    Thanks for sharing priceless treasure my friend.
    Well come back.wising you all the joy in the world ♥️
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never fail to lift my spirits, Baili, with your kind words! It was so good to see and spend time with my big family. I hope that you are doing well. Much love and hugs to you!

      Delete
  19. It looks like you've had a good time. I have only been to Halifax, would love to visit the rest of the maritimes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.