Friday, September 13, 2024

A Place of Beauty

When I'm in Las Vegas, I jump at a chance to visit the Bellagio on the Strip.
From its famous dancing fountains,
to its spectacular lobby with its magnificent Chihuly glass installation,
to its breathtaking Cirque du Soleil production of "O,"
to its 27-foot-tall fountain of of flowing chocolate,
the Bellagio is a feast for all your senses, a must visit on the Strip.
What I especially love is visiting the Bellagio Conservatory
and running amok with my iPhone camera.

The Bellagio Conservatory
Terry (middle right) has already left me in the dust.
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
September 5, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Vibrant Mums and Kalanchoe
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Visitors Enjoying the Conservatory
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



The conservatory is a 14,000-square-foot botanical garden created and cared for
by 120 gardeners and teams of designers, engineers, and electricians.
Throughout the year the conservatory features displays for Spring, Summer,
Fall, and Winter, as well as one for the Lunar New Year.  Source 
I was fortunate to catch this year's summer display with its Higher Love theme.

15,000 to 18,000 visitors ramble through the gardens each day,
walking under its 50-foot-high skylight and 
past its four flower beds, fountains, and koi pond.
Higher Love uses over 22,000 potted plants and live trees.
The balloons in the north and south beds
contain 75,000 preserved flowers and floral pieces,
and the mimosa tree sports 35,000 blooming orchids and yellow mimosas. Source 

A frog sits under the mimosa tree and by a pool of water.
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





One of the Flower-covered Balloons
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





The Koi Pond
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Visitors Enjoying the Sights
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Including Me!
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



I love flowers, and I drank in the beauty of flowers large and small, real and crafted.

Yellow Calla Lilies
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





A Giant Rose
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Kalanchoe Flowers Cascading Down Rocks
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Butterflies and Flowers
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Butterflies and Flowers
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





Beautifully Crafted Roses on a Balloon
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved






Musical Cherubs Adorning a Fountain
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



Two texts interrupt me as I continue to wander.
"I'm at a table just beyond chocolate fountain.
Let's get a sandwich here where it's comfortable.  
I'm saving you a seat," quickly followed by, 
"I'm hungry!  Can you move it along, please.  🙏🏼"

Okay!  Time to say goodbye to the Bellagio Conservatory,
reluctantly, guiltily.

My Patient Husband
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved





The Base of the Chocolate Fountain
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



For Rain:  Bugs Bunny ~ A Friz Freleng Original 
Public Nuisance No. 1
In a Store at the Venetian
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
September 5, 202
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved



For Tom:  The Spirit of Aloha 
Waiting in the Shade Behind a Bus Stand, 110º F or 43º C
An amazingly kind woman brought me cold, wet paper towels to cool down with.
Outside the Cosmo, Las Vegas
September 5, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved




For Nicole:  Patient Face  
A Service Dog in Training
The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas
September 5, 2024
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue. All Rights Reserved


Have a great weekend! 


 Till next time ~
 Fundy Blue
 
Standing Into Danger                                    https://selkiegrey4.blogspot.com
 Copyright ©2024 – All rights reserved.

My next post will be 
Friday, September 20th 🤞 

On the Bay of Fundy
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


25 comments:

  1. What a truly beautiful place. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...to say that the Bellagio puts on a show is an understatement. Patience is one of Terry's virtues! Take care and be well, Louise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom! Yes, patience is a virtue with Terry , which is good because I am so ADHD! Yay take care too my friend!

      Delete
  3. Spectacular! All that, and a huge Chocolate Fountain too? Yowza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no place like Vegas, Debra! Have a great weekend ~ oops, what's left of it!

      Delete
  4. Ohhh this is a stellar place in L.V. Wonderful photos and I love all the color there. Nice photo of your patient hubby too. Thank you always for sharing your adventures with FFO. Have the best weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I love being able to share my photos. Wishing you the best of weeks (since the weekend is half over ~ lol!)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos of your trip to Vegas. I love the bright colors and the "dazzle" - I wish I could go there for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'd love it, Gene. I hope you are enjoying a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I haven't been to the Bellagio for years, and I don't exactly remember the interior, but I love seeing your photos. It looks like lots of fun. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you, Erika! The interior is opulent and reflects minimum bets that I could never afford. But I can look for free, and I do. I hope you are enjoying a great weekend too!

      Delete
  7. I'm not the big Vegas fan you are -- been there too many times and too many people. But one place I ALWAYS have to go is the Bellagio conservatory. It is so incredibly beautiful and somehow, even with many people, it feels peaceful. Their Christmas displays are always charming and magical and this -- wow. Those flowered balloons! It's all lovely and I'm so glad you shared it with us. (Have you been to the garden at the Flamingo? That's another favorite.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie! I do love Vegas! I have not been to the Flamingo in too long. I need to see it again. I've been going to Vegas for 51 years, and I've barely scratched its surface. Have great week!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I love the colors, Diane! 24 hours a day. Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  9. It truly is a wonderful place with spectacular scenery. I love all of the flowers. Enjoy your break with Terry. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The conservatory looks gorgeous and truly beautiful. I'm pretty sure I would have enjoyed meandering there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly did, Carola. I always enjoy seeing the changing displays. Have a great week!

      Delete
  11. How do you keep from poking your finger into the Chocolate Fountain? I don't think I could pass up the chance :0 The Bellagio Conservatory is magnificent as are so many things in Las Vegas. As each tries to out do the other they succeed in producing greatness. I love the Calla lilies ... they have always been a favorite and I used to grow them in the flower boxes on my deck back when I lived on the lake. Sadly, I haven't attempted to grow any here ... not sure why. The flowers and all of the pictures are beautiful. I can see why you love to go there ... and, as I recall, I suspect you spotted some bands outside that you enjoyed, right? Fun for all ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the bands, Andrea. But I went to Fremont Street to see a favorite, the Tony Marquez Band. The Strip is lots of fun, but we escaped Downtown one afternoon and evening because that's where we have the most fun!!! Terry had to drag me away from the stage where TMB was performing. Vegas is mind-boggling, and the big hotel entertainment really shines. I saw Celine Deon three times! Actually, I've seen a lot of shows multiple times. I love calla lilies too, and the yellow ones were particularly beautiful. Hugs to you, my friend!

      Delete
    2. The chocolate is protected by plexiglass. But you can buy lots of chocolate goodies beside it.

      Delete
  12. Sure a pretty spot indeed. That is a lot of people going through there every day.

    Good of Terry to save you a spot as you moved it along lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry's a really good sport, Pat! But I am too. Perhaps that's what made us survive as a couple for over 40 years. Happy week to you!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.